Windows 10: Desktop icons missing, Only text showing

Discus and support Desktop icons missing, Only text showing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Three user accounts in my PC and this issue affects two of them My Desktop icons have disappeared and i can only see the Names of each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AS12_509, Apr 9, 2019.

1. AS12_509 Win User

Desktop icons missing, Only text showing

I have Three user accounts in my PC and this issue affects two of them

My Desktop icons have disappeared and i can only see the Names of each shortcut which i am able to click to open as usual. In Windows Explorer My Navigation Pane is empty and my Libraries icons are missing.

I have another account which is functioning as usual with no issues and i have just made a TEST account which has the same issue

I have tried rebuilding my icon cache and have also tried deleting my Shell Icon folder as suggested in another forum however the icon database rebuild didn’t do anything and I can’t find the Shell Icon folder in the registry editor.

:)

AS12_509, Apr 9, 2019

2. Missing Desktop Icon Text

Not sure what happen here. I have scanned this rig with Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, Combofix, SmitfraudFix, Spyware Doctor, Spyware Terminator and have found nothing.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2310/desktoplo.png

as you can see in the pic, the icons are there but the text is missing. I can click on some of the icons, but other ones I click and nothing happens. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks...

Morrison5891, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Missing Desktop Icon Text

You can't rename or even create new folders, etc ... The icons are there I just took a screenshot to show what I was talking about. The icons are unclickable

Morrison5891, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Desktop icons missing, Only text showing

Desktop icons missing?

i guess its not coz oc
    try to right click on desktop you will find show desktop icon

micropage7, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Desktop icons missing, Only text showing

1. Desktop icons missing, Only text showing - Similar Threads - Desktop icons missing

2. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  3. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  4. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Blurry Text on Desktop Icons and missing parts of windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Text on Desktop Icons and missing parts of windows: The text below the icons on my desktop is blurry the icons themself are okay. Also, when I open a window, nothing is there, where there should be a list of files, etc. A reboot helps temporarily, but after a while the problem re-occurs. I also cannot open Word Office 2019...
  6. Question About Icon Text Not Showing On Desktop in 4k

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question About Icon Text Not Showing On Desktop in 4k: So I'll be brief 4k monitor Dark mode Hight contrast dark mode The text under my icons is there and if I click on an icon I can see it, but its invisible otherwise. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/elvenrunelord [link] [comments]...
  7. Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.: Hi! This is my first time on here and i need help so ill get straight to the point. So a few minutes ago as im writing this, i restarted my computer because my taskbar wasnt showing. So it turned back on, the taskbar was showing, but my icons were not but the text or title...
  8. Desktop icons are gone only text shows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons are gone only text shows: My computer only shows text for the desktop icons. It still works but it's get annoying that I can't see my icons. I've been looking at different methods online, but nothing seems to work....
  9. Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing: I've had a strange issue on two computers after the last two upgrades. After computers have rebooted all the icons, folder thumbnails are gone. Only thing left is the text or name. Clicking on the text opens the shortcut or folder as always. Had to put a backup back on to...
  10. Windows 10 showing Missing Text and Icons on the Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 showing Missing Text and Icons on the Screen: This Morning I booted up my system and started playing CSGO (Played many times without any issues) and by mistake I pressed windows key and after few mins quit the game but the system acting weirdly after that (Screenshot Attached below) Laptop: DELL 15 - 7548 Inspiron...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop icons missing only text

2. desktop icons only showing text