Windows 10: Desktop Icons move during sleep. Please help.

Discus and support Desktop Icons move during sleep. Please help. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been searching the internet for a solution to this problem for over a month now and none of the solutions I have found have worked. I have two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iinewmanii, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Desktop Icons move during sleep. Please help.

I have been searching the internet for a solution to this problem for over a month now and none of the solutions I have found have worked. I have two benq 27" ips panels connected using displayport 1.2. Sleep is disabled for the computer however the monitors turn off after being idle for 30 minutes. When I wake the monitors from sleep all of the icons have move to different locations on the primary monitor. If any icons are on the secondary monitor they are moved to the primary monitor. This is extremely annoying. If any applications are open the windows get resized and moved around as well. Also extremely annoying. This seems like it should be a simple fix......but I cant find a fix for it.

:)

iinewmanii, Sep 4, 2015

2. Desktop Keeps being rearranged

every time I sleep my Dell xps15 laptop on restart my desktop icons and folders are moved

Charlie Cianfrani, Sep 4, 2015
  3. rearrange desktop

every time I sleep my Dell xps15 laptop on restart my desktop icons and folders are moved

Charlie Cianfrani, Sep 4, 2015
  4. Desktop Icons move during sleep. Please help.

Seriously? No one has anything on this issue? This is seriously stupid. Literally thousands of people have this issue. I shouldn't be forced to resort to a hack like persistent windows. Linux.......just Linux.

iinewmanii, Sep 4, 2015
  5. I'm gonna bump this shit til I have a solution. This is ****ing stupid that companies are selling broken ****ing products all over the place. windows 10 is broken as ****. Gtx 980 ti is broken as ****.

iinewmanii, Sep 4, 2015
  6. hiphopper Win User
    Of the thousands of people you know who have this issue, what do they say? Perhaps you'd be better off posting to Microsoft or Nvidia forums?

hiphopper, Sep 4, 2015
  7. NIRC Win User
    Same problem here. I tried everything (including disabling the quick start), but to no avail

NIRC, Sep 7, 2015
  8. Berton Win User

Desktop Icons move during sleep. Please help.

I disable Sleep and Hibernation as they tend to cause more problems than needed. I remind clients that the Desktop and icons on it are Dynamic [always refreshing], not Static like a picture hanging on the wall. There's always variables involved and usually with what is going on with programs being held in memory, an indication is when the Desktop flashes or the icons disappear then come back on their own.

Berton, Sep 7, 2015
  9. bro67 Win User
    To OP who started this thread. Being upset and angry, because no one has seen or answered your post, is why people move on to the next one. If you want people to help, do not get upset about your post not being seen immediately. A lot of us are working two other forums and do not live on the forums 24/7.

Bumping it back to the top is fine. Getting mad and upset is not fine.

bro67, Sep 7, 2015
  10. bro67 Win User
    To answer your question. It is changing because of the Resolution change, which is most likely being caused by that third party software.

bro67, Sep 7, 2015
  11. NIRC Win User
    My resolution never changes, just a few icons popping out of place and the windows being resized and slightly moved.

Thema:

Desktop Icons move during sleep. Please help.

1. Desktop Icons move during sleep. Please help. - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons move

2. Icon in desktop became rectangle, please help!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon in desktop became rectangle, please help!!: please help me with these icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-in-desktop-became-rectangle-please-help/2bdba774-e5a5-4689-9981-d787512cc2d3
  3. Icons moving on desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons moving on desktop.: Hello, few days ago I started having problems with icons on Desktop. They are moving to secondary monitor when i turn monitors into extended mode, half stay on main monitor and second half is going to other monitor. When I switch to one monitor only they get back to thier...
  4. Desktop Icons Moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons Moving: Every time I restart my computer, half of my desktop icons move over to my second monitor. I cannot figure out why. I've googled solutions which don't work. Both of my monitors are set to their recommended resolutions, auto arrange icons is off, and align icons to grid is on....
  5. taskmgr icon is moving on desktop after sleep/wake up

taskmgr icon is moving on desktop after sleep/wake up: Hello I see a couple of old posts related to moving icons on desktop. Until a few months ago everything was stable on my desktop Windows 10, latest updates. But recently the TaskMgr icon is moving left every time I put computer to sleep and wake it up. It moves from bottom...
  6. Windows Desktop Icons and Applications Move After Sleep

Windows Desktop Icons and Applications Move After Sleep: Whenever my computer goes to sleep, the icons and applications all move to my main monitor but not on shutdowns and restarts. I want to keep the main monitor the same and I shouldn't have to make compromises with my own computer the main has is larger, a better refresh rate,...
  7. Desktop Icons Moving

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Moving: I have files and shortcuts that run down the left side and across the top of my screen that I keep for easy access. Whenever I save a new file to the desktop it goes to the upper left corner and moves things. I've done the usual uncheck auto arrange and align to grid checks,...
  8. Moving icons to desktop

Moving icons to desktop: I have been trying to move an icon from my start menu to my desktop for the last hour. I have tried every method offered to me. The problem seems that the icon itself does not have any way for me to move it to the desktop. I have tried to use right hand button, etc, I...
  9. Desktop Icons move during the night?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons move during the night?: Hi, I have read quite a few similar related threads, but come up with no answer yet. For the last 6 nights my desktop icons move at some point during the night. They are fine all day, but when I come back in the morning they have moved, as if the screen resolution had...
  10. moving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    moving desktop icons: Ever since the latest update my desktop icons are difficult to keep in place. I do not have auto arrange or align to grid checked. When I move icons where I want them they often snap to another position at random. I have all my desktop icons positioned around the perimeter of...