Windows 10: Desktop icons moved off screen and can only see 1 icon

Discus and support Desktop icons moved off screen and can only see 1 icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the latest update all my desktop icons except 1 have moved off my screen. I have turned off align to grid and auto align but i cant drag the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kyle7791, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Kyle7791 Win User

Desktop icons moved off screen and can only see 1 icon

After the latest update all my desktop icons except 1 have moved off my screen. I have turned off align to grid and auto align but i cant drag the icons back into normal positions. The icon i can see now has a much bigger area to click on compared to regular icon (3-4 inches wide).

Any ideas what i did wrong or how to fix this problem?

:)

Kyle7791, Apr 28, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Desktop icons moved off screen and can only see 1 icon ;)

qubit, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 28, 2019
  4. techguy31 Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop icons moved off screen and can only see 1 icon - Similar Threads - Desktop icons moved

2. Desktop icons move 1 position left on wake up only if there are icons placed on the right...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons move 1 position left on wake up only if there are icons placed on the right...: Randomly when my PC wakes up from sleep my desktop icons will move left 1 grid position. This seems to only happen when there are icons placed on the right side of each screen. I have gone through all the steps you will find searching online such as auto arrange off, lock to...
  3. Desktop icons move 1 position left on wake up only if there are icons placed on the right...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons move 1 position left on wake up only if there are icons placed on the right...: Randomly when my PC wakes up from sleep my desktop icons will move left 1 grid position. This seems to only happen when there are icons placed on the right side of each screen. I have gone through all the steps you will find searching online such as auto arrange off, lock to...
  4. Can only see desktop icons in small view.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can only see desktop icons in small view.: How to make desktop icons size work in all size views, can only see desktop Icons in small view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-only-see-desktop-icons-in-small-view/6e186ad4-36a8-4af9-a6af-8fcbe1ce999c
  5. Can only see desktop icons in small view.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can only see desktop icons in small view.: How to make desktop icons size work in all size views, can only see desktop Icons in small view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-only-see-desktop-icons-in-small-view/6e186ad4-36a8-4af9-a6af-8fcbe1ce999c
  6. Icons moving on desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons moving on desktop.: Hello, few days ago I started having problems with icons on Desktop. They are moving to secondary monitor when i turn monitors into extended mode, half stay on main monitor and second half is going to other monitor. When I switch to one monitor only they get back to thier...
  7. Desktop Icons Moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons Moving: Every time I restart my computer, half of my desktop icons move over to my second monitor. I cannot figure out why. I've googled solutions which don't work. Both of my monitors are set to their recommended resolutions, auto arrange icons is off, and align icons to grid is on....
  8. desktop icons move on the 2 screens?

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons move on the 2 screens?: Is there a way to fix the icons on the desktop of Windows 10 or something like that desktop icons verschieben sich auf den 2 bildschirme?
  9. Can't move desktop icons off-screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move desktop icons off-screen: Before this latest update, I used to use all 4 sides of my screen. I used to keep half of each desktop icon out of screen. Now when I try to move an icon a little bit out of screen Windows just won't let me. How do I fix this? I tried changing the regedit entry...
  10. moving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    moving desktop icons: Ever since the latest update my desktop icons are difficult to keep in place. I do not have auto arrange or align to grid checked. When I move icons where I want them they often snap to another position at random. I have all my desktop icons positioned around the perimeter of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i auto align my desktop icons they stretch off screen