Windows 10: Desktop icons moved off screen and can only see 1 icon

Discus and support Desktop icons moved off screen and can only see 1 icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the latest update all my desktop icons except 1 have moved off my screen. I have turned off align to grid and auto align but i cant drag the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kyle7791, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Kyle7791 Win User

Desktop icons moved off screen and can only see 1 icon

After the latest update all my desktop icons except 1 have moved off my screen. I have turned off align to grid and auto align but i cant drag the icons back into normal positions. The icon i can see now has a much bigger area to click on compared to regular icon (3-4 inches wide).

Any ideas what i did wrong or how to fix this problem?

:)

Kyle7791, Apr 28, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Desktop icons moved off screen and can only see 1 icon ;)

qubit, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 28, 2019
  4. techguy31 Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop icons moved off screen and can only see 1 icon - Similar Threads - Desktop icons moved

2. desktop icons move on the 2 screens?

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons move on the 2 screens?: Is there a way to fix the icons on the desktop of Windows 10 or something like that desktop icons verschieben sich auf den 2 bildschirme?
  3. Moving icons to desktop

Moving icons to desktop: I have been trying to move an icon from my start menu to my desktop for the last hour. I have tried every method offered to me. The problem seems that the icon itself does not have any way for me to move it to the desktop. I have tried to use right hand button, etc, I...
  4. Desktop icons moved on startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop icons moved on startup: I just installed a Radeon 5700 XT and I have a monitor with a 1920 x 1200 resolution. Every time I boot my system the icons get moved into what looks like an area 1366 x 768 or there about. I use DeskTopOK to restore my desktop but I am looking for better solution. The...
  5. Moving icons to bottom of screen

Moving icons to bottom of screen: Somehow all the taskbar icons moved to a vertical column on the right of the screen, and I cannot find a way to get them back to the bottom, where I prefer them. Any ideas? Thanks....
  6. Desktop Icons Keep Moving

Desktop Icons Keep Moving: Hello, Every time my screen goes black, because it has been 15 minutes (screensaver setting) or I wake it from Sleep Mode, all of my icons are moved to the other side of the screen. I just find this really annoying to move them back to the order I had them. Is there a...
  7. Desktop Icons Won't Move

Desktop Icons Won't Move: I can't move my desktop icons. Auto-arrange icons is off Align icons to grid is off When I click on the icon; nothing happens. There is no error message It was working properly earlier today I can open folders; I can open files on the desktop and with folders on...
  8. desktop icons move constantly

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons move constantly: My desktop icons have begun to change around all the time and the taskbar gets thicker and thicker. Anyone else having this problem? How do i tell when Microsoft last updated my OS? Windows 10 113567
  9. Can't move desktop icons off-screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move desktop icons off-screen: Before this latest update, I used to use all 4 sides of my screen. I used to keep half of each desktop icon out of screen. Now when I try to move an icon a little bit out of screen Windows just won't let me. How do I fix this? I tried changing the regedit entry...
  10. moving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    moving desktop icons: Ever since the latest update my desktop icons are difficult to keep in place. I do not have auto arrange or align to grid checked. When I move icons where I want them they often snap to another position at random. I have all my desktop icons positioned around the perimeter of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i auto align my desktop icons they stretch off screen