Windows 10: Desktop icons movement

Discus and support Desktop icons movement in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This isn't a unique problem, it happens constantly and on all Windows versions. You know the struggle, you have your desktop icons arranged in a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 60Dan06, Apr 4, 2019.

1. 60Dan06 Win User

Desktop icons movement

This isn't a unique problem, it happens constantly and on all Windows versions.
    You know the struggle, you have your desktop icons arranged in a way that is pleasant for you and you orientate in it very well. Then something happens, mostly some full-screen app will run in lower resolution, and BAM. Your whole desktop is a mess, all icons are rearranged absurdly in the top left corner. And the only way to get it back is to manually go icon by icon and rearrange the whole desktop with the risk that this can happen again anytime.
    Please do something with it, its year 2019 and this shouldn't be an issue and a lot of users would love some lock-preset function. Thanks

:)

60Dan06, Apr 4, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Icon movement on desktop

How do I "FIX" the location of my icons on the desktop so that I have them where I want them on my desktop. I've tried right-clicking on the desktop...clicking on VIEW and "align icons to grid" and that doesn't work.

I want to be able to place my icons on my desktop in various places and have them stay there.

Thanks for any suggestions !!!

BarryFord1, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Desktop icons movement

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Desktop icons movement

1. Desktop icons movement - Similar Threads - Desktop icons movement

2. desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icon: how do I get the edge desktop icon onto the desk top. drag and drop do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon/c319dfe3-84c8-4e70-a042-79c898cc3037
  3. Desktop Icon

Desktop Icon: Out of nowhere new icon appeared on my desktop “removable storage devices” and there is no option to remove it. Pls. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon/1cc0c65f-aab6-4397-a335-48b79d5a0bc5
  4. Icon to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon to desktop: I would like to put some Application icon on my desktop. Here is what I see when I right click on an application icon: [img] I was looking for the option copy the icon but it is NOT there. How can I get the icon to my desktop? 135272
  5. When dragging windows on the desktop, the movement is erratic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When dragging windows on the desktop, the movement is erratic: Hello. I have this weird problem since i changed the monitor. The previous one was a normal 23" FHD 60hz and all went well and smooth. Now i have a large 35" 21:9 with 3440x1440 resolution and 120hz refresh rate. It is annoying when i move windows around the desktop (being...
  6. Mouse Movement

Mouse Movement: I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen.....
  7. Desktop Icons

Desktop Icons: Hello all Have a new Levano idea pad and have been attempting to post icons on my desktop without any success Any help out there Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/desktop-icons/2a4707b9-e4aa-4a44-9f49-e571bd87b156
  8. Desktop with icons

Desktop with icons: I have lost the page that opens at start up that is my desktop with icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/desktop-with-icons/0200c1b4-6f87-4a32-93bf-04603658ed1d
  9. Mouse movement pops various apps back to Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse movement pops various apps back to Desktop: Occasionally a slight mouse movement mysteriously switches me from various apps back to the Desktop. If I nudge the mouse again, I'm back in the app (and any keystrokes or actions I took while thinking I was in the app, but the Desktop was displayed, still occurred in the...
  10. Desktop icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop icon on desktop: Hi, A desktop icon suddenly appeared on my desktop.. If I delete it, the whole desktop is also deleted... The desktop folder on the drive, does not contain that icon. Does anyone has any experience with this scenario? *Smile 5511