Windows 10: desktop icons moving after restart

Discus and support desktop icons moving after restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; desktop icons are rearranging themselves randomlybut to same positions every time i restart my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by venkatvutla, Mar 20, 2020.

1. desktop icons moving after restart

desktop icons are rearranging themselves randomlybut to same positions every time i restart my laptop

:)

venkatvutla, Mar 20, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink desktop icons moving after restart ;)

qubit, Mar 20, 2020
  3. techguy31 Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

How do I stop it from changing and still get 1920x1080?

techguy31, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

desktop icons moving after restart

Freely moving desktop icons in windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the blank space on desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to grid.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

desktop icons moving after restart

1. desktop icons moving after restart - Similar Threads - desktop icons moving

2. Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10: Hello 1 day ago i turned my pc on and i realized my icons are not the same as they are before. I use 2 monitors and some of icons are on one monitor some are on secondI dont know why or how it happend. I remember i updated my graphic driver and i think after that it started...
  3. Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10: Hello 1 day ago i turned my pc on and i realized my icons are not the same as they are before. I use 2 monitors and some of icons are on one monitor some are on secondI dont know why or how it happend. I remember i updated my graphic driver and i think after that it started...
  4. Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Multi-Monitor Desktop icons moving after restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi-Monitor Desktop icons moving after restart?: Hello! My issue is relatively straight forward. When restarting my computer, logging out of my profile, or anything that affects whether the monitor is on or off. The icons I have set will randomly move over to my second monitor. Here's some things I have tried:-Turning off...
  6. Multi-Monitor Desktop icons moving after restart?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi-Monitor Desktop icons moving after restart?: Hello! My issue is relatively straight forward. When restarting my computer, logging out of my profile, or anything that affects whether the monitor is on or off. The icons I have set will randomly move over to my second monitor. Here's some things I have tried:-Turning off...
  7. Multi-Monitor Desktop icons moving after restart?

8. Desktop icons moving after update

Desktop icons moving after update: Hello everyone. Recently updated my PC. Was one of the updates that says update and shutdown when powering off the PC. When I restarted the PC. All of my icons are bunched up in the corner all stacked up on each other. I cannot move them to where I want them on the desktop. I...
  9. Desktop icon keeps Moving/Resetting after restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icon keeps Moving/Resetting after restart.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wholesomenthusiast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhbjv1/desktop_icon_keeps_movingresetting_after_restart/
  10. Desktop icons moving after reboot

Desktop icons moving after reboot: A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary. He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were. I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest...