Windows 10: Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open

Discus and support Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I'm having a big issue with my Windows 10 laptop. When I boot it up and log in, no desktop icons appear. Only the background. The taskbar is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stipe_095, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Stipe_095 Win User

Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open

Hello. I'm having a big issue with my Windows 10 laptop. When I boot it up and log in, no desktop icons appear. Only the background. The taskbar is frozen and I cannot get task manager to open, nor can I use Win+R. I can get to the ctrl+alt+del menu but when I click on task manager it just goes back to the empty desktop and does nothing.

This is rendering my computer useless and I can't access any of my files. Could anyone please help me out here?

:)

Stipe_095, Dec 12, 2020

2. Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open

Hello. I'm having a big issue with my Windows 10 laptop. When I boot it up and log in, no desktop icons appear. Only the background. The taskbar is frozen and I cannot get task manager to open, nor can I use Win+R. I can get to the ctrl+alt+del menu but
    when I click on task manager it just goes back to the empty desktop and does nothing.

This is rendering my computer useless and I can't access any of my files. Could anyone please help me out here?

Matt2468rv, Dec 12, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open

Wifi icon not appearing in taskbar

If ending the task in Windows Explorer did not resolve your concern, we recommend restarting the Windows Explorer. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the taskbar to open the Task Manager.
    • Locate Windows Explorer under Processes tab.
    • Right-click Windows Explorer, then click Restart.

The wireless icon should be visible now on your taskbar.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Ronalene Mat, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open

1. Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open - Similar Threads - Desktop icons appearing

2. Task manager icon does not appear on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager icon does not appear on taskbar: Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.755Right click on "Start" -> Task manager --- Task manager launches with no icon on taskbarIf I use Ctrl+Shift+Esc or Search the Task manager and launch it, then icon appears as it should be....
  3. Task manager icon does not appear on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager icon does not appear on taskbar: Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.755Right click on "Start" -> Task manager --- Task manager launches with no icon on taskbarIf I use Ctrl+Shift+Esc or Search the Task manager and launch it, then icon appears as it should be....
  4. Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open: Hello. I'm having a big issue with my Windows 10 desktop. When I boot it up and log in, no desktop icons appear. Only the background. The taskbar is frozen and I cannot get task manager to open, nor can I use Win+R. I can get to the ctrl+alt+del menu but when I click on task...
  5. Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open: Hello. I'm having a big issue with my Windows 10 desktop. When I boot it up and log in, no desktop icons appear. Only the background. The taskbar is frozen and I cannot get task manager to open, nor can I use Win+R. I can get to the ctrl+alt+del menu but when I click on task...
  6. Desktop icons not appearing, taskbar frozen, task manager won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Desktop icons won't open programs, taskbar will.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons won't open programs, taskbar will.: Hello; This is a new build for my daughter. Version Build 19041. Initially, icons opened files with no problem. After a couple of restarts, none will work. If I pin any of them to the taskbar, they open just fine. Same goes for opening them from the start menu. Of course,...
  8. No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...: It's all in the title. When I login, there are no desktop icons. If I click a few times the screen will flash and go back to how it was. Clicking on the Taskbar results in the same thing. I've tried opening task manager by ctrl Alt delete and by ctrl shift escape, but it...
  9. Windows 10 Black Screen No taskbar, No desktop icons, task manager won't open

Windows 10 Black Screen No taskbar, No desktop icons, task manager won't open: Hello there, so I have recently been having some issues with my computer. Its booting slower than normal, whenever I login it goes straight to a black screen. The only thing on the screen is my mouse cursor. I can't open task manager by any means at all. Ctrl+Alt+Del opens...
  10. Frozen Taskbar and Task Manager Not Working

Frozen Taskbar and Task Manager Not Working: I recently bought a new computer (Ideapad 330S) and everything was fine until I opened it this morning. The taskbar is frozen - when I mouse over any of the icons, the loading symbol comes up and clicking on start, cortana, notifications, etc does nothing. If I right click,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop icons not appearing taskbar frozen task manager wont open

2. Desktop icons not appearing taskbar frozen