Windows 10: Desktop Icons Not Behaving Good

Discus and support Desktop Icons Not Behaving Good in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I changed screen resolution from 1920*1080 to 1366*768, and now I am unable to see my desktop icons there are 8 icons and I can see only 3 in 100%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Meghdatt Sharma, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Desktop Icons Not Behaving Good

Hi, I changed screen resolution from 1920*1080 to 1366*768, and now I am unable to see my desktop icons there are 8 icons and I can see only 3 in 100% resolution, and if I increase the number will decrease. I have tried all possible solutions and unable to see all the icons. Also When I am refreshing the screen available 3 icons disappear and the other 3 icons appear.

:)

Meghdatt Sharma, Sep 20, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 20, 2021
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 20, 2021
  4. Desktop Icons Not Behaving Good

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Icons Not Behaving Good

1. Desktop Icons Not Behaving Good - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Behaving

2. Looking for a good desktop icon 'management' program- to remember the layout of icons when...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a good desktop icon 'management' program- to remember the layout of icons when...: Hey all, Thought I'd reach out and try here. I have a laptop with a small screen that I often use to plug into a monitor with very large screen. And whenever I go from one to the other, my desktop icons, which I usually have layed out in a reasonbly organized way, spazz out...
  3. desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icon: how do I get the edge desktop icon onto the desk top. drag and drop do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon/c319dfe3-84c8-4e70-a042-79c898cc3037
  4. Desktop Icon

Desktop Icon: Out of nowhere new icon appeared on my desktop “removable storage devices” and there is no option to remove it. Pls. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon/1cc0c65f-aab6-4397-a335-48b79d5a0bc5
  5. Icon to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon to desktop: I would like to put some Application icon on my desktop. Here is what I see when I right click on an application icon: [img] I was looking for the option copy the icon but it is NOT there. How can I get the icon to my desktop? 135272
  6. Desktop Icons

Desktop Icons: How do I put icons on my desktop; Example: Health site? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons/35e13d3e-ef14-41b0-af09-bcdd11aa4051
  7. Desktop Icons

Desktop Icons: Hello all Have a new Levano idea pad and have been attempting to post icons on my desktop without any success Any help out there Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/desktop-icons/2a4707b9-e4aa-4a44-9f49-e571bd87b156
  8. Desktop with icons

Desktop with icons: I have lost the page that opens at start up that is my desktop with icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/desktop-with-icons/0200c1b4-6f87-4a32-93bf-04603658ed1d
  9. Is this a good prebuilt gaming desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a good prebuilt gaming desktop?: I am looking to buy a prebuilt desktop for 1080p 60fps gaming (e sports and "AAA"). I have found an Acer GX desktop for $1300 AUD ( ~ $1000 USD). The specifications are: i7 7700 16 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB HDD 256 GB SSD 500 W Power supply Gtx 1060 3 gb. These are the best...
  10. Desktop icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop icon on desktop: Hi, A desktop icon suddenly appeared on my desktop.. If I delete it, the whole desktop is also deleted... The desktop folder on the drive, does not contain that icon. Does anyone has any experience with this scenario? *Smile 5511