Windows 10: Desktop icons not displaying when i start windows, can't right click on the empty desktop...

Discus and support Desktop icons not displaying when i start windows, can't right click on the empty desktop... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. Please i need an assistance. i have an Alienware system with a windows 10 os and i was working on the system and a minor glitch occurred with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by obinnauzoukwu, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Desktop icons not displaying when i start windows, can't right click on the empty desktop...

Hello.

Please i need an assistance. i have an Alienware system with a windows 10 os and i was working on the system and a minor glitch occurred with a msg box display with information i couldn't decipher, but everything was intact till i finished work and had the system shut down.

later on i had to put on the laptop and on booting up i saw the desktop icons weren't displaying, even the task bar icons but i had to get those back. but on the desktop i can't right click, cant resize a folder to a medium size, if i want to do it, it kind of divides the screen in two. but when i want to open a folder a kind of flash happens and i could see my original desktop icons and in milliseconds i cant see them anymore. it look as if another screen is blocking the main screen. and with the incident my battery doesn't go full charge anymore.

How can i go about it. Thanks

:)

obinnauzoukwu, Nov 27, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Desktop icons not displaying when i start windows, can't right click on the empty desktop...

Desktop icons

After this last update, the desktop completely changed. The desktop icons disappeared and the Start window functions also changed. There is no longer a list of programs coming up on the left side of the screen and the tiles showing on the right. Only the
    tiles aare showing up on the whole screen. A right click on the desktop does not work. All I can find are solutions from 2015.

Any suggestions?

rlknight44, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Desktop icons not displaying when i start windows, can't right click on the empty desktop...

1. Desktop icons not displaying when i start windows, can't right click on the empty desktop... - Similar Threads - Desktop icons displaying

2. Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop: Hi,I've upgrade one of our employee's computer from win 10 to win 11 last week. At first, everything worked fine but after a few days, all the taskbar icons are gone. The system tray icons still working, the taskbar line still there too, but the icons include window icon all...
  3. Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop: Hi,I've upgrade one of our employee's computer from win 10 to win 11 last week. At first, everything worked fine but after a few days, all the taskbar icons are gone. The system tray icons still working, the taskbar line still there too, but the icons include window icon all...
  4. Can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't right click on desktop: Hi all,I've been pushing this problem off for awhile now but now it's just getting annoying. Everything on my computer functions properly except for when I try to right click on my desktop I.E. trying to make a new folder. As soon as I restart the computer, I have a small...
  5. Can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't right click on desktop: Hi all,I've been pushing this problem off for awhile now but now it's just getting annoying. Everything on my computer functions properly except for when I try to right click on my desktop I.E. trying to make a new folder. As soon as I restart the computer, I have a small...
  6. Desktop icons and right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons and right click: I can not find my desktop icons nor can I right click on my desktop this is what my desktop looks like[IMG] this is what I want it too look like how do I fix this? thank you [ATTACH]...
  7. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.: Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the screen the gives you all those settings. Then it will take around 2 minutes for that to actually show, but when I click it...
  8. Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop: I used the batch files “Auto Arrange icons OFF and Align icons to grid OFF" and "Auto Arrange icons ON and Align icons to grid ON". After restarting my computer, when I right click on my desktop, the View box does not pop up. What happens is the screen flashes, goes black,...
  9. Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop: Hi friends i have 2 computers one is laptop and the other is desktop.Both are on windows 10 with genuine windows license and 100% updated. I am having a weird problem and it started recently. When connected to laptop via remote desktop, if i right click on any icon then the...
  10. Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click: Instead, I have to use the Delete button. Is this normal? 74701