Windows 10: desktop icons not opening the website

Discus and support desktop icons not opening the website in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; we recently had the problem of Yahoo taking over our Google chrome search engine, I some how got rid of Yahoo but now when we click on desktop icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ray Laboyrie, May 21, 2019.

1. desktop icons not opening the website

we recently had the problem of Yahoo taking over our Google chrome search engine, I some how got rid of Yahoo but now when we click on desktop icons the website does not open, it just goes to google search engine

:)

Ray Laboyrie, May 21, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 21, 2019
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 21, 2019
  4. desktop icons not opening the website

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, May 21, 2019
Thema:

desktop icons not opening the website

1. desktop icons not opening the website - Similar Threads - desktop icons opening

2. Adding a website with Icon to the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a website with Icon to the desktop: How do I add a website and Icon to the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-website-with-icon-to-the-desktop/dd432917-3a72-4338-8a87-50547431dfd4
  3. Problems opening website.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems opening website.: I'm having problems opening a website from MS Edge that used to work until recently. I can't even use the URL to open this site any more. I read that this may be due to a TLS (this might be TSL) and has something to do with KB931125. If I can download this KB how do I...
  4. Opening a website with Cortana on a Windows 10 desktop computer

in Cortana
    Opening a website with Cortana on a Windows 10 desktop computer: I spent a couple of hours looking for the answer to my question... "how to open a website with Cortana". I found a relevant discussion about it, but the Microsoft Community failed to answer it correctly. I tried all the ideas and suggestions and all Cortana would do is...
  5. Website doesn't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Website doesn't open: I opened a specific website one day and the next day it said that the DNS name did not exist and it couldn't reach that page. This problem is only for one website. Please help. It repeatedly shows THE SAME THING. help....
  6. desktop issue with opening icons

desktop issue with opening icons: Desktop Icons Will Not Open __With Double Click Of Mouse Operating system is Vista 64, Windows 7. I cannot open any desktop icon with mouse and a right click of mouse does not open any options. I can open icons in the task bar, quick launch with mouse and a right click of...
  7. Windows Themes opens 'Desktop Icon Settings'

Windows Themes opens 'Desktop Icon Settings': I seem to be having a problem with opening Windows Themes as instead of the theme applying as soon as I click on the file, it is opening the 'Desktop Icon Settings' instead (see image). I've never had this problem in the past and have only noticed it since trying to download...
  8. the bing website opens

in Browsers and Email
    the bing website opens: I keep my home page open to msn,but when I resume it from standby the bing website opens.how can I prevent this from happening ? i use the chrome browser 47642
  9. Cortana opening websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana opening websites: On the other account on my PC if i type something like golf.com it will open directly to it, but on my account it brings me to a bing web search. How do i get it to open directly to the website? 10352
  10. Desktop icons not responding on first click, opening other icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not responding on first click, opening other icons: Win 10 Pro x64 1607, Classic Start desktop, setting=single-click open, system drive is fast SSD As detailed in another thread, I've had problems going from 1511 to 1607, but have settled in with the latter for the past week. To try to sort a couple of problems, I ran a...