Windows 10: Desktop icons not showing up.

Discus and support Desktop icons not showing up. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I go to my desktop, all of the icons are gone and that white-ish box on the top left of the screen is then there, I don't know what it could be.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mees L, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Mees L Win User

Desktop icons not showing up.

When I go to my desktop, all of the icons are gone and that white-ish box on the top left of the screen is then there, I don't know what it could be. Has anybody had this before/knows how to fix it?

:)

Mees L, Sep 1, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 1, 2021
  3. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Sep 1, 2021
  4. Desktop icons not showing up.

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

Desktop icons not showing up.

1. Desktop icons not showing up. - Similar Threads - Desktop icons showing

2. Desktop Icons Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Not Showing Up: Hey everyone, so this morning I turned on my PC and everything worked fine its just that none of the icons on either the desktop, taskbar or any folder icons show up. Its only the names that show up, I tried some methods on YouTube by deleting some icon cache and restarting...
  3. Windows Icon on Desktop not showing up

Windows Icon on Desktop not showing up: For me, the icons on the desktop don't have the icons showing up. So like the apps on the desktop don't have their icons showing up. And also in apps like File Explorer the icons also don't show up.[ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  4. Desktop Icons not showing up, just words

Desktop Icons not showing up, just words: [ATTACH] This is what my desktop looks like, all icons are just words, it is the same in my files as well. I have restarted my computer countless times and nothing works, please help me!...
  5. Desktop Icons not showing

Desktop Icons not showing: Hello I have an issue with desktop icons not appearing in the Desktop FOLDER The icons appear if I look at the Desktop directly. If you look at screenshot, TeamViewer shortcut, The Outer Worlds shortcut and Steam shortcut do not appear in the Desktop folder. [ATTACH]...
  6. All my desktop icons are not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my desktop icons are not showing up: there is a white bar in the top left corner of the screen and when i right click on the desktop no menu shows up how can I fix this submitted by /u/Ro807Pan6a [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izl8o8/all_my_desktop_icons_are_not_showing_up/
  7. desktop icon image not showing up?

desktop icon image not showing up?: Hello! Basically a couple icons on my desktop are missing their images. [ATTACH] "minecraft" and "streamlabs" I'm betting that If I just reinstall both programs, it'll fix it but was wondering if there's another solution. Thanks for your time and have a good day :D...
  8. Desktop shortcut icons showing up as blank document icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icons showing up as blank document icons?: Hi! I just got a new laptop the other day, and for some reason all of my app shortcut icons have changed to a plain white document icon. See below: [img] Why did this happen and more importantly, how do I fix it? For convenience and aesthetic purposes. iTunes is the only...
  9. Show Desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Desktop icon: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro and find that the 'Show Desktop' rectangular space at the far right side of the notification area is missing although posted desktop images Windows 10 have the same rectangular space. However, if I hover the cursor over the screen border in that...
  10. Icons not showing up on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons not showing up on desktop: Hello all, I've run into a problem on my laptop where icons are not showing up on the desktop. If I go to Personalization and add icons for My Computer, Recycle Bin, or whatever, they don't show up. Copy-pasting a file to the desktop, it doesn't show up. However, I can see...