Windows 10: Desktop icons not shwowing as the picture

Discus and support Desktop icons not shwowing as the picture in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I turned on this morning to find that my desktop is populated with icons or thumbnails or whatever they are called and I want them to show as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Sep 18, 2020.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Desktop icons not shwowing as the picture

I turned on this morning to find that my desktop is populated with icons or thumbnails or whatever they are called and I want them to show as the picture not just some blank square.

I have Googled it but cannot find any answers any ideas greatly appreciated see pic

solved I checked out in the tutorials ans found my answer *Redface

:)

ICIT2LOL, Sep 18, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Desktop icons not shwowing as the picture

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Desktop icons not shwowing as the picture

1. Desktop icons not shwowing as the picture - Similar Threads - Desktop icons shwowing

2. Desktop icons not showing as the picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not showing as the picture: I turned on this morning to find that my desktop is populated with icons or thumbnails or whatever they are called and I want them to show as the picture not just some blank square. I have Googled it but cannot find any answers any ideas greatly appreciated see pic solved I...
  3. Picture Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Icons: My computer recently updated. Before the update my pictures actually showed the pictures not icons. Now, there are only icons. I tried this - " open Windows Explorer, click on the Organize button and select Folder and Search Options. Select the View Tab and make sure that...
  4. Pictures appear as a Mountain Icon my Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures appear as a Mountain Icon my Desktop: I download lots of photos to use elsewhere on the web like my Etsy site. Since the most recent update 5-7-20 all my photos on my desktop are now a picture of a blue mountain with a moon as in it's an "image file". I need to see the pictures. I don't want to have to click on...
  5. Picture icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture icons: Hi, my problem is when I open a folder with pictures in it, I see some thumbnails but they disappear within a second or so. I have tried the suggested checks in Options (clearing - Always show icons...) but with no success. I have recently installed the Windows update and...
  6. Desktop Pictures

Desktop Pictures: I have 4 Win10 machines and each seems to have its own version of the lock screen as well as the 'sign in' screen. I would like to use some of them as my desktop background but don't know where the files for them are located. Can someone point them out to me? Thank you....
  7. Desktop Pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Pictures: I have 4 Win10 machines and each seems to have its own version of the lock screen as well as the 'sign in' screen. I would like to use some of them as my desktop background but don't know where the files for them are located. Can someone point them out to me? Thank you....
  8. desktop picture

desktop picture: how do i find out what my desk top picture is from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-picture/ab96a116-9949-4858-bc78-1685cbfddbd8
  9. desktop picture

desktop picture: how do i find out what my desk top picture is from, ie place? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-picture/34c62eb8-9947-49f2-bb2e-bed38f51b959
  10. Pictures icons

Pictures icons: I found one question and answer, with perhaps some others with the same question. But the solution doesn't make sense to me and/or doesn't work. I store a number of my photos in the "Pictures" folder provided - same location as documents, downloads, etc. In the past, the...