Windows 10: Desktop icons not working with chrome

Discus and support Desktop icons not working with chrome in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On both computers I have running Win 10 64, the desktop icons do not work. This happens regularly and then occassionally corrects itself. I see this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by W P Roger, Jul 9, 2019.

1. W P Roger Win User

Desktop icons not working with chrome

On both computers I have running Win 10 64, the desktop icons do not work. This happens regularly and then occassionally corrects itself.

I see this is a widespread problem reported on several chat pages.

:)

W P Roger, Jul 9, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Desktop icons not working with chrome

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Desktop icons not working with chrome

1. Desktop icons not working with chrome - Similar Threads - Desktop icons working

2. Desktop chrome shortcut icons turned into blank papers!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop chrome shortcut icons turned into blank papers!!!: My pc ran well since I bought it. All the desktop icons stood the same until I installed the torrent app. Along with it an external antivirus app has been installed as well. I didn't notice it until it appeared in the chrome extensions. The app was RAV endpoint protection....
  3. Desktop chrome shortcut icons turned into blank papers!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop chrome shortcut icons turned into blank papers!!!: My pc ran well since I bought it. All the desktop icons stood the same until I installed the torrent app. Along with it an external antivirus app has been installed as well. I didn't notice it until it appeared in the chrome extensions. The app was RAV endpoint protection....
  4. Desktop icons not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop icons not working: My desktop icons, start button and folders are not opening when I click on them. When I click the cursor spins for a second or two and then nothing happens. I have restarted several times and that has not helped....
  5. Google Chrome Turns Desktop Icons White????????

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Turns Desktop Icons White????????: Hi, This started recently within the last few days. Whenever I open my Google Chrome browser then my desktop shortcut icons will briefly turn white for a couple of seconds then they go back to normal. If I open a second browser tab in Google Chrome, then the icons do not...
  6. desktop icon shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop icon shortcuts not working: had to uninstall Avast protection and cleanup due to compatibility issues with windows 10 update. After removing it now some of my icons on my desktop do not work. they say "windows cant find (path name) make sure you type the name correctly then try again. It is for all...
  7. Desktop icons open in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons open in Google Chrome: Desk top icons open/shortcuts go to Google chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-open-in-google-chrome/623c3d54-bd7f-489e-9e69-a3c07466eeb4
  8. desktop icons replace not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    desktop icons replace not working: When changing desktop icons in windows 10, desired icon does not load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-replace-not-working/cf863682-8c34-4108-a2b2-f4f03dccd57f
  9. Desktop Speaker Icon Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop Speaker Icon Not Working: I just noticed another issue after the latest Windows creator update. The speaker icon on my taskbar no longer functions. It is there and I have sound. when I hover over it the percent of speakers is displayed but I can no longer change the level from there. My keyboard has a...
  10. Desktop icons do not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons do not work: When I click on my desktop icons I get a small square window (by the icon) that I can click and put a check mark in. It does not open the program. In order for me to open program/icon I have to right click the icon and select open from the drop down menu. I can click icons in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome icons on desktop are not working