Windows 10: Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles

Discus and support Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Do I have to share the same icons/folders/apps, etc...on the desktop of my user profile screen? I don't need/want most of the things on her user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jack Mann, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Jack Mann Win User

Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles

Do I have to share the same icons/folders/apps, etc...on the desktop of my user profile screen? I don't need/want most of the things on her user desktop. However, when I delete an item from "my" desktop it also deletes that same item from "hers".

:)

Jack Mann, Aug 10, 2022

2. Desktop Icons

Desktop icons are stored in two separate places:

• In C:\Users\Public\Desktop. These icons are visible to all accounts.
    • In C:\Users\CuzClan\Desktop. These icons are visible to CuzClan only.
    You can now arrange it so that certain icons are visible to everyone.

Please remember to mark my reply by clicking "Did this solve your problem?".

Frederik Long, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Profile Folder On Desktop

Hello,

I request you to follow the steps below:

• Go to Start menu > Settings > Personalization > Themes > Desktop icon settings.
    • Uncheck "User's profile" and click on OK.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 10, 2022
  4. Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles

1. Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles - Similar Threads - Desktop icons separate

2. Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles: Do I have to share the same icons/folders/apps, etc...on the desktop of my user profile screen? I don't need/want most of the things on her user desktop. However, when I delete an item from "my" desktop it also deletes that same item from "hers"....
  3. Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles: Do I have to share the same icons/folders/apps, etc...on the desktop of my user profile screen? I don't need/want most of the things on her user desktop. However, when I delete an item from "my" desktop it also deletes that same item from "hers"....
  4. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  5. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  6. Separating files with profiles

Separating files with profiles: I will keep it short. I have photoshop and other software I use for work. Sometimes when I download a game or something new, it affects the performance of PS sometimes. I made a separate profile so that I have only games there. I still can access photoshop from my gaming...
  7. Keeping 2 Windows Profiles separate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keeping 2 Windows Profiles separate: I'm looking to create two separate Windows 10 profiles on my home computer. One for Work, and one for personal use. What I would like is to not have them share desktop icons. I don't want the distraction of something personal on my workspace, but I also don't want to see...
  8. lost desktop-user profile

lost desktop-user profile: Last night my computer was acting weird - slow, hanging up, etc. I turned it off. The monitor turned off, but the computer stayed on. I unplugged it for fear there was some kind of intrusion that McAfee was not containing. This morning I plugged it back in and turned it on. A...
  9. Separate Headphone Profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Separate Headphone Profiles: I (like many people) am working from home and I'm using my personal rig to do it. I've set up another account on the computer to keep most of the work-related stuff separated. The one issue I'm having is headphones. I have a set of USB headphones with a mic for work and a...
  10. Real 2 separate desktops

Real 2 separate desktops: This has been asked before and threads closed without a positive answer. I would love to have two real different virtual desktops. 1 for working with files, folders and shortcuts related to working 2 for gaming with files, folders and shortcuts related to gaming 3 for...