Windows 10: Desktop Icons Question

Discus and support Desktop Icons Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Home ed. New to win 10 and when I created some desktop icons for example Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird and a Shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fdm2000, Jan 24, 2020.

1. fdm2000 Win User

Desktop Icons Question

Running Windows 10 Home ed. New to win 10 and when I created some desktop icons for example Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird and a Shutdown shortcut icon there is an image of what appears to be a sheet of paper folded on the top right corner superimposed over the icon (created folders on the desktop do not have this issue). Wondering if all future created cons will have this issue and id it can be rectified?

:)

fdm2000, Jan 24, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Desktop Icon Question

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to resize the desktop icon. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on the desktop.

• Select View from the contextual menu.

• Select Small icons.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to include the screen shot of the error that you receive.

Refer: How to include a screenshot in your post.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please reply to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Desktop Icons Question

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Icons Question

1. Desktop Icons Question - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Question

2. desktop icon in question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icon in question: My desktop icons are gone after certain update. I restarted the computer, and it is still missing. Even my files are missing as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-in-question/18b8d13f-2134-4d42-be3c-2584865599ae
  3. desktop icon in question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icon in question: My desktop icons are gone after certain update. I restarted the computer, and it is still missing. Even my files are missing as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-in-question/18b8d13f-2134-4d42-be3c-2584865599ae
  4. desktop icon in question

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Question About Icon Text Not Showing On Desktop in 4k

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question About Icon Text Not Showing On Desktop in 4k: So I'll be brief 4k monitor Dark mode Hight contrast dark mode The text under my icons is there and if I click on an icon I can see it, but its invisible otherwise. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/elvenrunelord [link] [comments]...
  6. Another green tick overlays on desktop icons question.

Another green tick overlays on desktop icons question.: I am aware this issue has come up many times before, but: 1 I can't find a resent post on the topic. 2 None of the solutions I've found work. 3 I have some more specific information that may help identify the problem. First, what I've tried. 1 Refreshing the desktop...
  7. Quick Icon Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Icon Question: Good Evening, I am having an issue with remembering what a friend said he did to my computer this morning while trying to do some of his homework. However, I have noticed that there are certain files in and around my computer that have a certain looking icon that mimics:...
  8. questions about icons

in Windows 10 Support
    questions about icons: Hi. I have two different windows 10 systems, and they display the icons in the right pane in different way. I cant find how to change them to be alike (I prefer just the icon instead the folder with the small icon) Any suggestion? Thanks 118226
  9. Another Desktop Icon Question

Another Desktop Icon Question: O.k......so I have my desktop icons set up and working, one small problem that I need help with.......some of the icons have their ''own'' emblem.....and some don't.......for instance, Glary Utilities has the Glary emblem, Malwarebytes has the Malwarebytes emblem, and so...
  10. Browser Icon question

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Icon question: The browser icons that used to sit on the bottom of my screen have disappeared. How do I get these icons back? Thanks for your help 41997