Windows 10: Desktop icons randomly removed?

Discus and support Desktop icons randomly removed? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://imgur.com/a/D4CUM90 (sorry if this is the wrong sub) Today, when I booted up my PC, a bunch of desktop icons were missing. How can I fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CraftyTim, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Desktop icons randomly removed?

/u/CraftyTim, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Error 404 Win User

Desktop icons randomly removed?

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown Desktop icons randomly removed? :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Desktop icons randomly removed?

1. Desktop icons randomly removed? - Similar Threads - Desktop icons randomly

2. Desktop Icons randomly moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons randomly moving: Currently running Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 OEM Retail Version.Saw this happening before in the Insider Editions, but am seeing this now in an OEM retail version of Windows 11 non-insider.I have Icons placed on both the far left and far right side of my Desktop. On occasion,...
  3. Desktop Icons randomly moving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons randomly moving: Currently running Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 OEM Retail Version.Saw this happening before in the Insider Editions, but am seeing this now in an OEM retail version of Windows 11 non-insider.I have Icons placed on both the far left and far right side of my Desktop. On occasion,...
  4. Random desktop icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random desktop icon: I’ve installed a driver from edup.com, for a USB Wi-Fi adapter. During installation, I noticed a flickering on one of my monitors red square bg with a white x in the middle. It looked a bit weird, but I’ve already met in the past, pop-up windows lasting for milliseconds...
  5. Random desktop icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random desktop icon: I’ve installed a driver from edup.com, for a USB Wi-Fi adapter. During installation, I noticed a flickering on one of my monitors red square bg with a white x in the middle. It looked a bit weird, but I’ve already met in the past, pop-up windows lasting for milliseconds...
  6. Random desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Random icon appeared on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random icon appeared on desktop: While downloading files that might have contained malware, I noticed a screencast o' matic logo popping up on my desktop. It disappeared after a few seconds. Is it possible that someone hacked into my computer? How can I delete the program? submitted by /u/t_wolff [link]...
  8. Desktop Icons disappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons disappearing randomly: My desktop icons will disappear seemingly at random. Usually occurs after starting up my computer. Even after choosing the correct icon again, they will eventually revert back to %SystemRoot%\System32\SHELL32.dll. submitted by /u/Ridog8 [link] [comments]...
  9. desktop icons safely remove

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons safely remove: What happens when I remove an icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-safely-remove/53e04827-891e-43d4-bf05-d7589bb7b734
  10. Remove desktop icon highlight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove desktop icon highlight?: Hello all Just setup a PC with my first version of Windows 10 this past weekend and have found that unlike in Win 7, I get this weird translucent highlighted box around my desktop icons in both a light version if I just hover over it with the mouse curser that goes away if I...