Windows 10: Desktop icons rearranged after last update

Discus and support Desktop icons rearranged after last update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desktop icons are no longer aligned on the left edge of my desktop but are spread across the screen. Sometimes, but not always, when I move an icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by keimba, Feb 25, 2020.

1. keimba Win User

Desktop icons rearranged after last update

My desktop icons are no longer aligned on the left edge of my desktop but are spread across the screen. Sometimes, but not always, when I move an icon it does not move to where I placed it but either stays in the original location or automatically moves somewhere else.

Auto arrange icons and Align icons to grid are not selected.

I have Windows 10 Home, version 1909, OS build 18363.657

:)

keimba, Feb 25, 2020

2. Desktop icons rearrange at random

Hi,

In order for us to find out what causes your screen to go blank and rearrange the desktop icons, we would like to gather more information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Icons rearrangement

Hi Amin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on desktop, click on View.
    • Uncheck Auto arrange icons.

For issue related Start menu check if it has set for full screen try to Off it.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Click on Start, turn Off Use Start full screen.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Desktop icons rearranged after last update

Desktop icon rearrangement on sreen rotate/unrotate

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on desktop, click on View.
    • Uncheck Auto arrange icons.
    Hope this helps, if the issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Desktop icons rearranged after last update

1. Desktop icons rearranged after last update - Similar Threads - Desktop icons rearranged

2. desktop icons rearranged after simple restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons rearranged after simple restart: Each time I restart my desktop computer the desktop icons are rearranged.I had them organized exactly as I wanted them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-rearranged-after-simple-restart/dbb15aea-ab9b-4add-b87d-a2f2d8e68459
  3. desktop icons rearranged after simple restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icons rearranged after simple restart: Each time I restart my desktop computer the desktop icons are rearranged.I had them organized exactly as I wanted them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-rearranged-after-simple-restart/dbb15aea-ab9b-4add-b87d-a2f2d8e68459
  4. desktop icons rearranged after simple restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop icons rearranging themselves after reboot

Desktop icons rearranging themselves after reboot: I'm on Windows 10 2004 Update Build 19041.746 This started happening recently, my desktop icons is always rearranging themselves after every restart. i have arranged them many times as i need and whenever i restart, they comeback to the weird arranging. Auto arrange...
  6. Desktop Icons rearranging

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons rearranging: I have a user who is using dual monitors and their desktop icons always revert back to the main monitor on restart. I logged in and moved icons around and restarted and everything was where i moved it. So this appears to be user specific. I am assuming their is something that...
  7. rearrange icons on desktop

rearrange icons on desktop: On my Win 10 desktop I can move icons to any part of the grid with a left click-hold and drag. The setting is "Align icons to grid". My wife's Win 10 will not let the icon move at all. What needs to change...
  8. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: when i rearrange position of the icon it will amass icon in 1 point, i have checked align icon to grid but it just like that again,don't know how to fix it[ATTACH] ***Changed title from Error icons***...
  9. Desktop Icon rearrange it's self :(

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon rearrange it's self :(: As the topic said above every time I press F5 to refresh my desktop it rearrange it's self *Sad and I need to re-arrange it again. How can I stop it from doing that *Rolleyes [img] [img] 24524
  10. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: Hello, My desktop icons keep rearranging and windows explorer won't save the position I put them in. I can rearrange them but when I click 'Refresh' or if I restart explorer or if I reboot they rearrange to another setup. This happens in both normal mode and safe mode....