Windows 10: desktop icons replace not working

Discus and support desktop icons replace not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When changing desktop icons in windows 10, desired icon does not load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joe Rumsey, Nov 23, 2018.

1. desktop icons replace not working

When changing desktop icons in windows 10, desired icon does not load

:)

Joe Rumsey, Nov 23, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 23, 2018
  4. desktop icons replace not working

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

desktop icons replace not working

1. desktop icons replace not working - Similar Threads - desktop icons replace

2. Strange box replaces desktop icons after hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange box replaces desktop icons after hibernation: Basically, whenever I start my computer from hibernation, all of my desktop icons disappear and are replaced with a gray box:Said box is in the top-left corner today. It's always on the left side somewhere along the top or bottom, but never along the side and never floating...
  3. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon: After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why...
  4. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon: After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why...
  5. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

6. desktop replaced with blackscreen,taskmanager works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop replaced with blackscreen,taskmanager works: Hi everyone this is gonna be a bit of a lengthy post so stay with me. It has been 1 month since my laptop backscreens, I had upgraded to win 11 3 weeks before the black screen and had no other problems. during the first couple of days the black screen was there for 10 mins or...
  7. desktop replaced with blackscreen,taskmanager works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop replaced with blackscreen,taskmanager works: Hi everyone this is gonna be a bit of a lengthy post so stay with me. It has been 1 month since my laptop backscreens, I had upgraded to win 11 3 weeks before the black screen and had no other problems. during the first couple of days the black screen was there for 10 mins or...
  8. Desktop Icons Replaced With Gradient Bar

Desktop Icons Replaced With Gradient Bar: Occasionally when starting my computer, it will display a gradient bar instead of the normal icons? I have tried a clean restart, and a safe boot and nothing seems to work. I have scanned multiple times with multiple scanners. [ATTACH]...
  9. Desktop icons not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop icons not working: My desktop icons, start button and folders are not opening when I click on them. When I click the cursor spins for a second or two and then nothing happens. I have restarted several times and that has not helped....
  10. Desktop icons vanished and replaced by white bars.

Desktop icons vanished and replaced by white bars.: I have plenty app icons on my desktop but they seem to have disappeared. This happens every time I boot my PC after installing the latest Windows update. If you need any more information feel free to request it - thanks. [IMG]...