Windows 10: Desktop Icons Replaced With Gradient Bar

Discus and support Desktop Icons Replaced With Gradient Bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Occasionally when starting my computer, it will display a gradient bar instead of the normal icons? I have tried a clean restart, and a safe boot and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fort-P, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Fort-P Win User

Desktop Icons Replaced With Gradient Bar

Occasionally when starting my computer, it will display a gradient bar instead of the normal icons? I have tried a clean restart, and a safe boot and nothing seems to work. I have scanned multiple times with multiple scanners.

Desktop Icons Replaced With Gradient Bar ee75d1a3-1366-4209-882b-4e330d1b389f?upload=true.png

:)

Fort-P, Nov 22, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 22, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop Icons Replaced With Gradient Bar - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Replaced

2. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon: After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why...
  3. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon: After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why...
  4. Windows search bar icon replaced

in Cortana
    Windows search bar icon replaced: Very strange issue here. We have a user with a search bar icon/image that has been replaced with something different. So far i know there are no company policy 's for this. We can't find what it is.How it, offcourse, should look...
  5. Windows search bar icon replaced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search bar icon replaced: Very strange issue here. We have a user with a search bar icon/image that has been replaced with something different. So far i know there are no company policy 's for this. We can't find what it is.How it, offcourse, should look...
  6. Windows search bar icon replaced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. White Bar on desktop and no icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Bar on desktop and no icons: Hello, I usually sleep my computer rather than shut it down. But when I go onto my desktop after waking it up, there are no programmes. Just a white box in the top left corner. Sometimes there is another one placed randomly on my desktop. Here's what I'm talking about:...
  8. Two gray bars on desktop; one of them replaces my desktop icons.

Two gray bars on desktop; one of them replaces my desktop icons.: [IMG] The top bar replaces my desktop icons, and I can drag it around. If I double click, the bar disappears and my desktop shortcuts are restored. The bottom bar never goes away and isn't draggable. Right clicking on either of them is like right clicking on the desktop....
  9. Desktop icons vanished and replaced by white bars.

Desktop icons vanished and replaced by white bars.: I have plenty app icons on my desktop but they seem to have disappeared. This happens every time I boot my PC after installing the latest Windows update. If you need any more information feel free to request it - thanks. [IMG]...
  10. desktop icons replace not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    desktop icons replace not working: When changing desktop icons in windows 10, desired icon does not load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-replace-not-working/cf863682-8c34-4108-a2b2-f4f03dccd57f