Windows 10: Desktop Icons screwing up again.

Discus and support Desktop Icons screwing up again. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; New computer, only browsers have been added. I have many shortcuts to web sites arranged on the desk top to make them easier to find. I create one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EmeroGorK2, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Desktop Icons screwing up again.

New computer, only browsers have been added.

I have many shortcuts to web sites arranged on the desk top to make them easier to find. I create one more and place it where I want it. Some time later, it doesn't like to stay where I placed it. It moves to the left side of the screen. I put it back in place on the right side and a day later it is on the left side again. This can happen after a sleep mode or a full shutdown. Finally, it seems to stay in place.

Three days later ALL icons are on the left side. Bunched up making it very difficult to find what I want.

Is this a Microsoft Rule that claims "We know what is best for you"?

I do not know what information about the computer is needed to diagnose the problem.

:)

EmeroGorK2, Nov 8, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Desktop Icons screwing up again.

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Icons screwing up again.

1. Desktop Icons screwing up again. - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons screwing

2. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  3. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  4. Screwed up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. the win10 auto update screw up my home server again

in Windows 10 Customization
    the win10 auto update screw up my home server again: This is not first time I got the same issue. The windows 10 auto update screw up the things and both regular start up and preparing automatic repair stuck in the blue window black background screen. I search the answer and the official suggestion is to reinstall the windows....
  6. Screwed Up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed Up!: Not sure if this is right section but a few hours ago the whole of Win 10 went config up! I had my images (in the number of thousands) suddenly change real life icons into some damn flower. I seem to recall I had this problem ages ago and you all fixed it but I could not...
  7. Update screwed Audacity ---AGAIN---

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update screwed Audacity ---AGAIN---: for the umpteenth time, windows 10 update SCREWED my ability to record audio by actually CHANGING MY PROGRAM!!!!!!!!! and now, I need to, for the umpteenth time, to record audio, ROLL BACK TO A PRIOR BUILD does anything UNDO what windows did without having to roll tis back?...
  8. Microsoft Windows 10 Update screwed up my Icons AGAIN!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Windows 10 Update screwed up my Icons AGAIN!!!!: A recent Windows 10 update changed all my custom Chrome shortcut icons to a blue ball? If I try to make any changes they all revert back to the ball. I am the onle person who uses this computer and have full Admin Rights to make any change, but I have tried all the reported...
  9. Windows updated screws up my computer AGAIN!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows updated screws up my computer AGAIN!!!!: I really DESPISE that MS thinks they are GOD and can have control over my computer!!! I should be allowed to opt out of their untested update pushes! So, it has done something to disable my sound. I have gone to the Device Manager and checked for all available updates-...
  10. Screwed up Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screwed up Password: I just loaded Windows 10 to a new SSD drive. When I made up the Windows password, I must have typed it wrong. After installation, I first load Chrome then select use a local account instead. However, when I typed in the password it told me it was wrong. Do I have to do the...