Windows 10: Desktop icons settings

Discus and support Desktop icons settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like to place a Computer / This PC on my desktop. one of my main reasons for this is the ability to right click the icon to access Manage. For some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardGavey1, May 21, 2019.

1. Desktop icons settings

I like to place a Computer / This PC on my desktop. one of my main reasons for this is the ability to right click the icon to access Manage.

For some unknown reason, while Manage is still on the the right click menu, nothing happens when I click on it.

Any ideas?

:)

RichardGavey1, May 21, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 21, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 21, 2019
  4. Desktop icons settings

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Desktop icons settings

1. Desktop icons settings - Similar Threads - Desktop icons settings

2. How to set default desktop folder icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default desktop folder icon: I have Windows 11. My PC desktop displays folders saved for easy access. Lately when I want a new folder saved there it displays as an open folder. I do not like this and want them to save closed, but the system doesn't allow me to do this. It just saves as open, and if try...
  3. How to set default desktop folder icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set default desktop folder icon: I have Windows 11. My PC desktop displays folders saved for easy access. Lately when I want a new folder saved there it displays as an open folder. I do not like this and want them to save closed, but the system doesn't allow me to do this. It just saves as open, and if try...
  4. set my desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    set my desktop icon: please help me to set my desktop icon I'm try my best but I failed, my laptop desktop expand the icon spaces and display 18 icon while there are more than 20 icon this satiation occur after update because i was connect with my Samsung TV through HDMI cable so please help me....
  5. Printer settings Icon on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer settings Icon on Desktop: Hi,Due to several Problems with Windows 10 Downloads,I have had the Last one Friday,for which done a Total Reset of my Computerthis was carried out by Microsoft I did have many Shortcut Icons on my Desktop,but Very Slowly I am getting them Back One I cannot get back is my...
  6. cannot access desktop icon settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot access desktop icon settings: i am unable to acess desktop icon settings beacuase windows says it doesnt have permission even though im the administrator what do i do?[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. "Desktop icon settings" does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    "Desktop icon settings" does not work anymore: In Settings > Themes I used to be able to click "Desktop icon settings". But no more. Now I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I first discovered this on my laptop, which was...
  8. unlock desktop icon settings

unlock desktop icon settings: My icons on my desktop are locked....new computer.... I want to unlock them, re position them, the lock them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-desktop-icon-settings/c7cf1c80-687c-4c26-8d12-f9766fd34608
  9. Domain Admin can't set Desktop Icons

Domain Admin can't set Desktop Icons: A brand new Win 10 Pro (64-bit) from DELL. FWIW, BOTH DOMAIN ADMINs and DOMAIN USERS were added to the Local Administrators Group. I (DOMAIN ADMIN) wanted to add "This PC" and "Network" to the local Desktop. I couldn't open Themes | "Desktop Icon Settings" to do that....
  10. Windows Themes opens 'Desktop Icon Settings'

Windows Themes opens 'Desktop Icon Settings': I seem to be having a problem with opening Windows Themes as instead of the theme applying as soon as I click on the file, it is opening the 'Desktop Icon Settings' instead (see image). I've never had this problem in the past and have only noticed it since trying to download...