Windows 10: Desktop icons splitting between main and second monitor

Discus and support Desktop icons splitting between main and second monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was messing around with my desktop settings a few days ago and when I changed the size of my desktop icons from medium to large back to medium, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hazeroni, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Hazeroni Win User

Desktop icons splitting between main and second monitor

I was messing around with my desktop settings a few days ago and when I changed the size of my desktop icons from medium to large back to medium, my icons started splitting between my main and second monitor. I moved them back, but whenever I restart or turn my computer back on they split again. I've never had this problem in the many years since I've had a dual monitor setup and it is irritating me to no end.

:)

Hazeroni, Sep 14, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    How to stop all the main screen icons moving to second monitor (Windows10) ?

Hi,

This can be a default when opening a game to maximize the functionality of having two monitors. To clarify the issue, we need additional information:

• When you close the game, do the icons go back to the main display or does it stays on the second monitor?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Anne Ros, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Lisa80503 Win User

Desktop icons

My desktop icons rearrange and split between my dual monitors. How do I get them to display on my main monitor only or on both, but not split?

Lisa80503, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop icons splitting between main and second monitor - Similar Threads - Desktop icons splitting

2. Turning second monitor in to main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning second monitor in to main: Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do...
  3. Turning second monitor in to main

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning second monitor in to main: Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do...
  4. Two monitors and desktop icons load on to second

in Windows 10 Support
    Two monitors and desktop icons load on to second: Please can someone help. When I have monitor 1 on (destop main) and the second monitor (off) but get new icon from installed program. How can I make to icon go on the desktop monitor and not the spare monitor 2 (which is off) when I'm not using it? When I open noepad...it...
  5. desktop icons move to second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons move to second monitor: Having used a small monitor as a second display for years, I bought a new larger one. Now, every time I try to use 'extend' display all the carefully arranged desktop icons move to totally irrational places on the second screen. It is clear this bug has been around for...
  6. Will moving desktop icons on a second monitor change them on the main monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will moving desktop icons on a second monitor change them on the main monitor?: I have a HDMI switcher on my main monitor. When I'm not displaying my PC on it, everything switches to my second monitor which is smaller so the desktop icons are all funky. If I move them around when they're on the second monitor, will they be moved when they go back to the...
  7. Desktop icons appearing on second monitor

Desktop icons appearing on second monitor: As my title suggests, I am trying to troubleshoot an issue where my desktop icons are appearing on the wrong screen. I have my primary display set correctly in settings however, the icons continue to appear on the wrong monitor. This isn't a huge concern to me, but it is more...
  8. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.: I have looked pretty much all Day for an answer to my question, but havent been able to find one. So the thing is, I have two monitors and I have had them for a few years. My Main monitor has always been the second monitor for whatever reason but it have never been a problem...
  9. Windows on second monitor jump to main

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows on second monitor jump to main: I updated my Nvidia driver this morning, now whenever I launch a game in fullscreen on my main monitor, all of the windows or programs i have open on my second monitor jump to my main and my shortcuts move to my second monitor. I tried rolling back the drivers but im still...
  10. Main monitor desktop freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Main monitor desktop freeze: Hello! Lately I've encountered this strange bug and I'm not sure where it's from. Sometimes, just after booting, the main screen desktop will fail to become interactable. None of the icons are clickable, it is impossible to open a right-click menu and the taskbar is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if icons are split between monitors