Windows 10: Desktop icons stretched horizontally

Discus and support Desktop icons stretched horizontally in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My desktop icons are stretched horizontally. Therefore they look like a rectangle instead of square. The actual image and text are fine, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GavinR87, Jun 24, 2020.

1. GavinR87 Win User

Desktop icons stretched horizontally

Hi,

My desktop icons are stretched horizontally. Therefore they look like a rectangle instead of square.

The actual image and text are fine, but the "clickable" icon size has really stretched, see screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/jjdZsAL.png

I have searched this to no really avail. Some things I can confirm:

1 Resolution is fine - 3000x2000 as recommended on a Matebook Pro

2 This isn't an icon size issue. When changing the size in the menu they still have this excess on the horizontal.

3 Drivers are all up to date and fine

4 I use a work account on the laptop as well as a personal account. Work account is fine, only happening on personal account.

5 I have rebooted multiple times, turned icons on and off, changed resolution and scaling around, no success.

6 There are no other scaling or resolution issues on the computer. Everything else appears as it should do.

Really appreciate any thoughts!

Thanks

:)

GavinR87, Jun 24, 2020

2. Horizontally elongated Desktop picture/icons plus various websites

Upgraded to Windows 10 on Sunday.... experiencing problems with sites being horizontally elongated making it uncomfortable to do simple things like read information or jigsaws plus Desktop photo and icons stretched.... also a problem with my Outlook emails.

Denlyn1946, Jun 24, 2020
  3. JanJan Win User
    How to align icons on desktop horizontally/top/bottom in Win 7 ?

Does anyone know how to align icons on desktop horizontally/top/bottom in Win 7 ? Or can it *Confused Desktop icons stretched horizontally :confused:

JanJan, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Desktop icons stretched horizontally

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Desktop icons stretched horizontally

1. Desktop icons stretched horizontally - Similar Threads - Desktop icons stretched

2. Suddenly Windows 11 Stretched my Icons Horizontally and they are all over lapping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly Windows 11 Stretched my Icons Horizontally and they are all over lapping: How to I change this back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-windows-11-stretched-my-icons/bd8156fc-ad60-4494-be41-3fe1e1d60a3f
  3. Suddenly Windows 11 Stretched my Icons Horizontally and they are all over lapping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly Windows 11 Stretched my Icons Horizontally and they are all over lapping: How to I change this back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-windows-11-stretched-my-icons/bd8156fc-ad60-4494-be41-3fe1e1d60a3f
  4. Stretched icons in windows 10 next to clock.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stretched icons in windows 10 next to clock.: Hi, recently my icons have wided out a liftle and I dont like it. I’ve been searching fixes and they dont work. Can you possibly share a solution. a picture. [IMG]...
  5. stretched Windows 10 desktop icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    stretched Windows 10 desktop icons.: Hi there. For the past month, I have been having issues with my laptop as the icons on my desktop have been stretched and I don't know how it happened and how to fix it. I have done multiple searches on google and edge and no one has seemed to have the same issue as me. The...
  6. Desktop background stretches over 2 monitors?

Desktop background stretches over 2 monitors?: Hi, my desktop background is unintentionally stretching across both monitors: Adapt: [ATTACH] Fill it in: [ATTACH] Adjust, on another image: [ATTACH] Stretching seems to work, but "stretches" just does: [ATTACH] Fill in, should...
  7. Stretched desktop icon tiles

Stretched desktop icon tiles: I was playing around with Ease of Access settings DPI and font size and it permanently stretched my desktop icon tiles. I'm using Windows 10 November 2019 Update and this is a bug from that version. Changing the settings won't even help it. I put sysprep.exe on my taskbar and...
  8. All Desktop icons are hidden inside a wide horizontal box

All Desktop icons are hidden inside a wide horizontal box: All of a sudden, all my desktop icons are hidden inside a horizontal bounding box. When I click inside the box, it opens up the Recycle Bin. New laptop. New Window 10 install. The shortcuts still appear in explorer in the desktop folder. Help! [ATTACH]...
  9. 4k desktop is cut on the horizontal sides

4k desktop is cut on the horizontal sides: I'm using LG OLED C8. When I set the resolution to 3840, there is black patch on left and right even though the tv's resolution is 3840. When I set it to 4160, it doesn't cut on sides but all fullscreen apps are then cut on the side (like watching videos on youtube). Tried...
  10. Icons stretched off screen on left side.

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons stretched off screen on left side.: So quite frequently I will come out of a game and all of my shortcuts will be stretched all the way down the screen on the left column. It looks like all of the icons are crammed into a single column on the left side. I know it is all of them because part of one of the...