Windows 10: Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

Discus and support Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I was messing around with the Display Settings and I was curious what would happen if I changed the percentage of the of the Scale and Layout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SpicySalsa, May 11, 2020.

1. Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

So I was messing around with the Display Settings and I was curious what would happen if I changed the percentage of the of the Scale and Layout manually to about 300. After changing it back however, I now fully regret it because my screen looks fine but my desktop icons are now stuck to the top of the desktop, invisible and unmovable and stretched to the width of my desktop.

I have a lot of personal files on my computer and it would take forever to transfer them over to my backup. So if there is a solution without requiring a reset on my whole computer than that would be awesome.

I have included a photo since I tried looking online for solutions but I didn't see anything answers that matched my problem.

Any help would be appreciated

Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible [​IMG]

Also I have noticed that the dimensions of my screenshot is 1366 x 2053 instead of the normal 1366 x 768 even after my display settings says it is at 1366 x 768? This text is at the bottom of said image. I only pushed Enter once after putting the image in.

:)

SpicySalsa, May 11, 2020

2. Desktop Icon at top of screen

For some reason my recycle bin icon is stuck at the top of my screen. When my cursor moves to the top of the screen a light blue rectangle that stretches across the entire screen shows up. I can not move the icon. I can not drag it. I have tried changing
    the size, toggling on and off the auto arrange and nothing changes. When I add another desktop icon it will show up on my second screen. When I add several they just position over themselves. How do i make it go back to where they all line up on the left of
    the screen?

Bryan Larison, May 11, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 11, 2020
  4. Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

1. Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Stuck

2. Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible: The icons on my desktop have gone completely invisible and the images on the taskbar have turned into a weird icon as per attached screenshot Some of the icons in the start bar are normal, but when the application is closed the apps return to the broken icon with the mail app...
  3. Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible: I changed the scale and layout of my windows 10 desktop, and now can't see the desktop icons, no matter what scale and layout I choose. They're still there, but t they're hidden at the top of the screen, in a box that is the width of the screen and unmovable.My problem is...
  4. Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible: I changed the scale and layout of my windows 10 desktop, and now can't see the desktop icons, no matter what scale and layout I choose. They're still there, but t they're hidden at the top of the screen, in a box that is the width of the screen and unmovable.My problem is...
  5. Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible: I have searched the entire morning for an answer for the following question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-stuck-on-top-of-screen-and-invisible/e9f13362-a204-4a6d-bde3-de4a95162295There is no answer in Microsoft community. I was able to...
  7. Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible: I have searched the entire morning for an answer for the following question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-stuck-on-top-of-screen-and-invisible/e9f13362-a204-4a6d-bde3-de4a95162295There is no answer in Microsoft community. I was able to...
  8. Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

9. Desktop Icon at top of screen

Desktop Icon at top of screen: For some reason my recycle bin icon is stuck at the top of my screen. When my cursor moves to the top of the screen a light blue rectangle that stretches across the entire screen shows up. I can not move the icon. I can not drag it. I have tried changing the size, toggling on...
  10. invisible icons on desktop and taskbar

invisible icons on desktop and taskbar: hello its been a 3 days that i have this problem, it happens that i used the memory diagnostic and restarted my pc then i saw they are invisible like settings or microsoft store or spotify even i have a screenshot for proof: https://gyazo.com/f15cb1398a2d2f814d96d979a6407cc9...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icon stuck on screen windows 10s