Windows 10: Desktop icons suddenly bigger and scrambled around

Discus and support Desktop icons suddenly bigger and scrambled around in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have no idea what caused this, I just went to my desktop like normal and all my icons are slightly larger and randomly scrambled around. Not auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Titanmaster970, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Desktop icons suddenly bigger and scrambled around

I have no idea what caused this, I just went to my desktop like normal and all my icons are slightly larger and randomly scrambled around. Not auto arranged, I mean they are actually scrambled around the desktop. This has happened before, but it fixed itself before I could find a solution. Anyone have a fix for this?

submitted by /u/Titanmaster970
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Titanmaster970, Oct 30, 2020
  2. DBJ1954 Win User

SCRAMBLING OF SCREEN ICONS

I see that I am among an army of Windows users who are frustrated with the way that Windows periodically scrambles the icons on the desktop. Furthermore, the solutions provided by Microsoft don't solve the problem. Like many other users, I have lots
    of icons on my screen, and arrange them so that I can find them as needed. I cannot begin to express in civil terms how EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING it is to have them suddenly scrambled for no apparent reason! Why doesn't Microsoft fix this?

DBJ1954, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 30, 2020
  4. buddy1993 Win User

Desktop icons suddenly bigger and scrambled around

Font size suddenly became bigger.

I am facing this unique issue and the font size suddenly changed to a bigger size. I tried updating the system and drivers but still could not solve it. Even the Icon texts on the desktop also have become bigger. I have attached a screenshot of the issue. Kindly help me solve this. Tried finding solutions but couldnt solve the issue.

Thank you in advance *Biggrin

Desktop icons suddenly bigger and scrambled around [​IMG]

buddy1993, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Desktop icons suddenly bigger and scrambled around

1. Desktop icons suddenly bigger and scrambled around - Similar Threads - Desktop icons suddenly

2. my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other: when I made some changes on the resolution the desktop icons got mad and they come over each other and not shown on the left as it was, and they aren't shown on the desktop properly....
  3. my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other: when I made some changes on the resolution the desktop icons got mad and they come over each other and not shown on the left as it was, and they aren't shown on the desktop properly....
  4. Desktop icons suddenly got much bigger and messed up the arrangement of icons on my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons suddenly got much bigger and messed up the arrangement of icons on my...: I use a windows 10 laptop Also, what's the probable cause? submitted by /u/ParlorThe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyyzbn/desktop_icons_suddenly_got_much_bigger_and_messed/
  5. desktop icons keep moving around

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons keep moving around: Two Icons on my desktop refuse to stay where I want them when I reboot : "This Pc" and "Norton 360". What can I do to keep them in place? I think this a relatively new phenomenon. Windows 10 version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. 165539
  6. White box around desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    White box around desktop icons?: Hi, From time to time, white annoying boxes appear around my desktop icons that I can't get rid of once and for all. F5 works as a temporary solution, but once I select another icon, the boxes will come back. They appear in the first place by selecting an icon, going on a...
  7. White Border Around Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White Border Around Desktop Icon: Whenever I resize my desktop Icons a white border appears around it. Whenever I refresh , it disappears, but when I singe click an icon it reappears again. I need to restart Windows Explorer to get rid of it but in doing so, my system tray icons disappear and will appear...
  8. SCRAMBLING OF SCREEN ICONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    SCRAMBLING OF SCREEN ICONS: I see that I am among an army of Windows users who are frustrated with the way that Windows periodically scrambles the icons on the desktop. Furthermore, the solutions provided by Microsoft don't solve the problem. Like many other users, I have lots of icons on my screen,...
  9. Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon: Every now and then I notice a dotted box around an icon on my desktop. When I reboot it goes away. It's not all that important, but my curiosity gets the better of me. Does anyone know what causes this and can it be prevented from happening again? [img] 99371
  10. Icons on desktop keep moving around

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on desktop keep moving around: Have tried researching this annoying problem and found several long threads from 2015 with various confusing answers involving several registry changes. Has this common problem been definitively solved yet and if so can someone please post the solution here 55644