Windows 10: Desktop icons suddenly got much bigger and messed up the arrangement of icons on my...

Discus and support Desktop icons suddenly got much bigger and messed up the arrangement of icons on my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use a windows 10 laptop Also, what's the probable cause? submitted by /u/ParlorThe [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ParlorThe, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Desktop icons suddenly got much bigger and messed up the arrangement of icons on my...

I use a windows 10 laptop

Also, what's the probable cause?

submitted by /u/ParlorThe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ParlorThe, Nov 22, 2020

2. desktop icon arrangement

Hello,

Kindly further elaborate your concern, to assist you better.

In the meantime, you may follow the step below to see if this would address your concern:

• Right-click on your desktop > Click View.

Note: If you want to manually arrange your desktop icons uncheck Auto arrange icons
    then drag your icons depending on where you want to place them on your desktop. If you want your icons to be aligned to the grid, check
    Align icons to grid.

Let us know what happens after.

Regile Reb, Nov 22, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Desktop icons suddenly got much bigger and messed up the arrangement of icons on my... ;)

qubit, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Desktop icons suddenly got much bigger and messed up the arrangement of icons on my...

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Desktop icons suddenly got much bigger and messed up the arrangement of icons on my...

1. Desktop icons suddenly got much bigger and messed up the arrangement of icons on my... - Similar Threads - Desktop icons suddenly

2. Spacing between system try icons suddenly got bigger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacing between system try icons suddenly got bigger: Spacing between system try icons suddenly got biggerSometime in the last week or so today is 4/3/2023 the gap between the system tray icons has gotten larger. Is there a way to reduce it?It now shows about 8 icons not including the clock / wi-fi / battery one where it used to...
  3. Spacing between system try icons suddenly got bigger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spacing between system try icons suddenly got bigger: Spacing between system try icons suddenly got biggerSometime in the last week or so today is 4/3/2023 the gap between the system tray icons has gotten larger. Is there a way to reduce it?It now shows about 8 icons not including the clock / wi-fi / battery one where it used to...
  4. Messed up desktop icon layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up desktop icon layout: While I was playing Team Foretress 2 the screen glitched for a second and went back to normal. At first I didn't think much of it but when I closed the game now all of my desktop icons are screwed up, all of the other icons that don't fit get smooshed into the top left...
  5. Messed up desktop icon layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up desktop icon layout: While I was playing Team Foretress 2 the screen glitched for a second and went back to normal. At first I didn't think much of it but when I closed the game now all of my desktop icons are screwed up, all of the other icons that don't fit get smooshed into the top left...
  6. Messed up desktop icon layout

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Auto Arrange Desktop Icons

Auto Arrange Desktop Icons: I am on Windows 10 version 20H2.Desktop Icons are arranged in a scattered manner A-Z should be auto arranged but it is arranged as A-Z A-Z, there are two starting of the sorting order. How to make this sorting order to be singular and every icon on the desktop gets arranged...
  8. Desktop icons suddenly bigger and scrambled around

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons suddenly bigger and scrambled around: I have no idea what caused this, I just went to my desktop like normal and all my icons are slightly larger and randomly scrambled around. Not auto arranged, I mean they are actually scrambled around the desktop. This has happened before, but it fixed itself before I could...
  9. Desktop icon arrangement problem

Desktop icon arrangement problem: I have 2 questions as following 1. When I move icons on desktop to replace some icon, it doesn't replace respectively as shown in the figures below. [ATTACH] [IMG] but What I want is. [ATTACH] 2. When I move icons to replace the last one of the row, it doesn't...
  10. Desktop icon images are messing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon images are messing up: Having this issue you can see in the pic with my icons. I have removed them and added them back but they just add back like that again and not as the should be. Didn't have an issue until a few days ago and it just started out of the blue. First with the 2 icons on the left...