Windows 10: Desktop icons suddenly have become very wide

Discus and support Desktop icons suddenly have become very wide in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the image below you can see that the recycling bin icon has become very wide. All my other desktop icons are also like this (hidden for privacy). It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ecc111111, Dec 17, 2019.

1. ecc111111 Win User

Desktop icons suddenly have become very wide

In the image below you can see that the recycling bin icon has become very wide. All my other desktop icons are also like this (hidden for privacy). It is as if the grid has been magnified 5x or something. My display settings are on 100% and the font size is set to the smallest. The recommended settings are 150% for my laptop (ASUS Zenbook 13.3" UX333FA). It seems that this just happened within the past few hours, I didn't notice it happening earlier when I had been rearranging my desktop icons. How to I set them back to the normal size? I would like the icon to be the width of the little recycling bin image, not 5x wider than the image. Also when I right click on the desktop and select "View", changing the icon size doesn't fix this problem. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information for you to help me. Thanks! Desktop icons suddenly have become very wide [​IMG]

:)

ecc111111, Dec 17, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 17, 2019
  3. missing system wide icons

Hi Janet,

You might have accidentally change some settings on your computer.

We suggest following these troubleshooting steps on how to resolve the issue:

Method 1: Check View option.

• Right-click the desktop.
    • Select View and then Show desktop icons.
    • Make sure the option is checked.

If issue persist, follow the method below.

Method 2: Check Settings.

• Click Start, search for Settings.
    • Select Tablet mode on the left pane.
    • Turn off Hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode and
      Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Desktop icons suddenly have become very wide

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Desktop icons suddenly have become very wide

1. Desktop icons suddenly have become very wide - Similar Threads - Desktop icons suddenly

2. Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.: Hi, good day.I tried to increase the font size in the computer to 150% and then feeling uncomfortable brought it back to 100%.the icons on the desktop screen have become very wide and unusual and most of them not visible.if i refresh the screen everytime-icons are displayed...
  3. Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.: Hi, good day.I tried to increase the font size in the computer to 150% and then feeling uncomfortable brought it back to 100%.the icons on the desktop screen have become very wide and unusual and most of them not visible.if i refresh the screen everytime-icons are displayed...
  4. Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop icons are really wide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons are really wide: all the desktop icon takes up half of the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-really-wide/b104ead8-d426-4365-b6fb-dd10d24658bb
  6. Desktop icons are really wide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons are really wide: all the desktop icon takes up half of the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-really-wide/b104ead8-d426-4365-b6fb-dd10d24658bb
  7. Desktop icons are really wide

8. desktop icons wide

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    desktop icons wide: My desk top icons are super wide so any idea why they are super wide Thanks ! submitted by /u/THE11R0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/map286/desktop_icons_wide/
  9. wide desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wide desktop icons: [ATTACH] Hi, after one week of vacation I'm back on my PC and saw this. How can I fix it? https://preview.redd.it/vxs4jmgboil51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=946de87bd95992a23bd543e8ec6d233cae575838 submitted by /u/sebbe_tug [link] [comments]...
  10. icons on the desktop become suddenly greater

icons on the desktop become suddenly greater: Hi, Since yesterday, the desktop icons have become larger so that they are completely disorganized. When trying to modify the display parameters right click on the desktop, I saw that the size of the icons was already programmed to the minimum possible size 100%. Is there...