Windows 10: Desktop icons, system tray icons, opened apps resetting issue in win10pro

Discus and support Desktop icons, system tray icons, opened apps resetting issue in win10pro in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi after latest windows update, for some reason anytime i turn on/off monitor my right side desktop icons will move inch to the left, some of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by deejayjd, Jun 29, 2019.

1. deejayjd Win User

Desktop icons, system tray icons, opened apps resetting issue in win10pro

hi

after latest windows update, for some reason anytime i turn on/off monitor my right side desktop icons will move inch to the left, some of my system tray icons will become blurry and opened applications like firefox will reset to smaller size.

i have windows10pro latest updates, asus z390 f gaming mobo, use display port 4K 60hz with samsung u28e570 (u28e590) monitor, internal graphics with intel i9 9900k cpu.

can you please advice what can cause this refreshing - resetting and what can be done please?

thank you

:)

deejayjd, Jun 29, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Jun 29, 2019
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Anyway to get rid of annoying nVidia System Tray icon?

How about open the icon, find "Desktop" tab, at top left, and uncheck "show notification tray icon"

Desktop icons, system tray icons, opened apps resetting issue in win10pro Capture701.jpg

jsfitz54, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop icons, system tray icons, opened apps resetting issue in win10pro - Similar Threads - Desktop icons system

2. Invisible app icon in system tray? virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible app icon in system tray? virus?: I've just encountered this problem and i can't seem to find a fix for this , i do believe it's a virus but i'm not sure since it doesn't use and resources, and i cannot find the app in task manager either , it appeard when i somehow installed radantivirus, can anyone please...
  3. Invisible app icon in system tray? virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible app icon in system tray? virus?: I've just encountered this problem and i can't seem to find a fix for this , i do believe it's a virus but i'm not sure since it doesn't use and resources, and i cannot find the app in task manager either , it appeard when i somehow installed radantivirus, can anyone please...
  4. Invisible app icon in system tray? virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Weird system tray icon issue!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird system tray icon issue!: Hello I use my Samsung UHD TV as a monitor and have noticed that, if I put my TV into standby but leave windows 10 running in the background, when I turn my tv back on the icons in the system tray area not desktop or taskbar become corrupted. They appear as little blank...
  6. System tray icon for desktop

System tray icon for desktop: In Windows 7 system tray, an icon showed for the desk top. This is not so in Windows 10. If I am on a web site, how can I quickly return to the desk top without closing the web site. I do this now and then login to the web site again....
  7. System Tray Icon

System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  8. system tray icons

system tray icons: I received an update to Win 10 and ever since the update, I am only able to see two icons on the system tray at the same time. For example, I now have the speaker icon and the wifi "fan" icon on the system tray. I would like to also have the battery icon on like I've always...
  9. desktop issue with opening icons

desktop issue with opening icons: Desktop Icons Will Not Open __With Double Click Of Mouse Operating system is Vista 64, Windows 7. I cannot open any desktop icon with mouse and a right click of mouse does not open any options. I can open icons in the task bar, quick launch with mouse and a right click of...
  10. Ugly system tray icons

Ugly system tray icons: This is not really a problem, but is there a way to make these icons look better? [img] Especially the Wifi and battery icons. 48490