Windows 10: Desktop icons takes time to load up on Ssd

Discus and support Desktop icons takes time to load up on Ssd in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey Everyone, I am currently facing an issue that's frustating me from past few days. I have installed my windows 10 on an m.2 Samsung 860 evo Sata Ssd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Venerable2000, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Desktop icons takes time to load up on Ssd

Hey Everyone, I am currently facing an issue that's frustating me from past few days. I have installed my windows 10 on an m.2 Samsung 860 evo Sata Ssd (250 GB) using Legacy Bios. My problem is that ever since the ssd boots windows it does boot my pc to desktop in about 13 sec yet the icon don't show or say takes time to load after I refresh it 2 or 3 times. If I am right then that should be not an issue for an ssd to boot windows with full desktop icons with their proper thumbnails. I tried rebuilding my icon and thumnail cache and even used regedit to increase icon cache to like 4096 kb . I literally tried everything I could possibly do yet the problem persists. Pls help me fix it. If in case specs of my laptop helps , here are they :-

Laptop model - Msi Gl 63 8rc

Processor - i5 8300H

Ram - 8Gb(x1)

Graphics - Intel uhd 630 & Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1050 @ 4GB

Ssd - 250 GB m.2 Samsung 860 evo

Hdd - 1TB Wd blue @ 5400 rpm

Os - Windows 10 ( 1809 latest version )

Everythings updated to latest including windows and all device drivers.

:)

Venerable2000, Apr 21, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Desktop icons takes time to load up on Ssd

Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading

Sorry it's an old thread. Just wanted to re assure you on the slow icon refresh. Fast startup is enabled on my machine (I have Samsung evo SSD 500 gb as boot drive plus secondary 3TB drive). I never timed it but literally load up of Windows is instant after BIOS. I never used an SSD before, I can't believe how fast it is and wonder whether it's fast startup working some magic or it's the SSD flexing its muscles. However back on topic, I do notice a slight lag on desktop icon refresh. Most are instantly visible but random ones can be generic for a few seconds before flashing up with their proper icon. I think it's relatively normal.

Scottyboy99, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Desktop icons takes time to load up on Ssd

1. Desktop icons takes time to load up on Ssd - Similar Threads - Desktop icons takes

2. Icons disappearing, not loading and Explorer windows taking a long time to load.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons disappearing, not loading and Explorer windows taking a long time to load.: Hello, before I elaborate on the issue, please do not tell me to delete all thumbnails, run SFC or reinstall Windows. I have tried all of these and nothing worked. It seems that after an attempt to troubleshoot a network issue I updated my PC sometime during the...
  3. Icons disappearing, not loading and Explorer windows taking a long time to load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons disappearing, not loading and Explorer windows taking a long time to load.: Hello, before I elaborate on the issue, please do not tell me to delete all thumbnails, run SFC or reinstall Windows. I have tried all of these and nothing worked. It seems that after an attempt to troubleshoot a network issue I updated my PC sometime during the...
  4. Icons disappearing, not loading and Explorer windows taking a long time to load.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Account.microsoft.com taking time to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account.microsoft.com taking time to load: for some reason the website account.microsoft.com has been taking time to load and i am not able to access that website even though my Wi-fi is working fine . any solutions?...
  6. My computer takes a long time to load up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer takes a long time to load up: Since the update for the stupid Microsoft Edge my computer now takes ages to load up when it used to be instant before. What happens now is that my computer will stay on the start up screen for absolutely ages then turn off and I have to manualy turn it on again at which...
  7. Desktop takes an uncomfortable amount of time to load.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop takes an uncomfortable amount of time to load.: I am having an issue after updating to 2004. My computer boots up just fine and will let me log in. After that it goes to black screen and it takes something in the ballpark of 2-3 minutes to actually get to the desktop. RTX Voice starts up just fine, I can use...
  8. Desktop takes long time to load Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop takes long time to load Windows 10: Hey guys, recently i had a problem with desktop environment in windows 10 it takes long time to load, this happened after resetting my version and install system updates after the new boot. before the problem i was deleting or moving some files to empty space on my hard...
  9. Desktop icons take long time to load - 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons take long time to load - 100% disk usage: Hello everyone, This is a problem I've been having for months but only today did I get the idea to ask for help here. So as the title suggests the icons in my desktop take quite some time to load, particularly when I do a cold boot (after a restart for instance). It also...
  10. Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading: Hi all, I'm using an Intel SSD 240GB 520 series. Always loading very fast, i.e., about 8 seconds from cold boot. Since windows 10 is installed, boot time is about 20 seconds and desktop icons take some time to refresh and load their images. Regarding the boot time:...