Windows 10: Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop

Discus and support Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used the batch files “Auto Arrange icons OFF and Align icons to grid OFF" and "Auto Arrange icons ON and Align icons to grid ON". After restarting my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Big Bob, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Big Bob Win User

Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop

I used the batch files “Auto Arrange icons OFF and Align icons to grid OFF" and "Auto Arrange icons ON and Align icons to grid ON". After restarting my computer, when I right click on my desktop, the View box does not pop up. What happens is the screen flashes, goes black, the icons reappear, and then nothing happens - no View box.

I’m wondering if I need to delete the strings added to the registry and return everything to it’s prior state, or if that would make matters worse. Anyway, I’m not confident that I know how to delete those strings added to registry.

:)

Big Bob, Jun 6, 2019

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons

Hello,

Some configuration on your desktop settings must have been changed. To address your concern, follow the steps below:

• Right-click anywhere on your desktop > Click View.
    • Make sure there's a check mark beside Show desktop icons.
    • Check if the desktop icons are now appearing.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Regile Reb, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop

desktop icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on
            desktop, click on View.

• Uncheck Auto arrange icons.

Hope this helps. If issue persists, please reply with information for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop

1. Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons View

2. right-click on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    right-click on desktop: Hey, lately whenever I right-click on the desktop (to create a folder, document, etc.), the menu does not opened, and the system gets stuck for a few minutes. The blue circle continues to rotate for 40-50 minutes after a click, and then the menu opened. Is there a...
  3. save to desktop is not an option when I right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    save to desktop is not an option when I right click: "save to desktop" is not an option when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-desktop-is-not-an-option-when-i-right/92103173-b318-487f-bd64-1f4f05ee8bac"
  4. Desktop right-click menu does not work

Desktop right-click menu does not work: When I right-click on the desktop, the cursor changes to a spinning icon, but I never get a menu to pop up. Right-click works everywhere else, just not on the desktop. Is is a brand new computer with Windows 10 installed. What might be wrong?...
  5. Desktop icons not displaying when i start windows, can't right click on the empty desktop...

Desktop icons not displaying when i start windows, can't right click on the empty desktop...: Hello. Please i need an assistance. i have an Alienware system with a windows 10 os and i was working on the system and a minor glitch occurred with a msg box display with information i couldn't decipher, but everything was intact till i finished work and had the system...
  6. CPU usage increases when I right click on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU usage increases when I right click on desktop: Hello, since yesterday, I've seen that when I right click on desktop, my cpu usage increseases from 1-5% on idle to 20-30% for every right click (if I spam it, it reaches 100%) I had no problem until yesterday and I don't know what should I do. Here is a print screen of task...
  7. Dark context menu when right clicking desktop, folders and icons.

Dark context menu when right clicking desktop, folders and icons.: When you right click anywhere on the taskbar, you get a sleek dark grey context menu with easy to read white text. I also like the animations and overall it's really crisp, Microsoft did a good job with that. My question is this: why didn't they extend this feature to the...
  8. Desktop screen is black and right click does not work.

Desktop screen is black and right click does not work.: Hi, I used to see icons on my desktop and today, they disappear altogether. There is a side bar you work with and I don't feel comfortable. The screen is black and if I right click on screen, it does not work and nothing is coming up to chose. When changing screens, I...
  9. Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop: Hi friends i have 2 computers one is laptop and the other is desktop.Both are on windows 10 with genuine windows license and 100% updated. I am having a weird problem and it started recently. When connected to laptop via remote desktop, if i right click on any icon then the...
  10. Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click: Instead, I have to use the Delete button. Is this normal? 74701