Windows 10: Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop

Discus and support Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used the batch files “Auto Arrange icons OFF and Align icons to grid OFF" and "Auto Arrange icons ON and Align icons to grid ON". After restarting my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Big Bob, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Big Bob Win User

Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop

I used the batch files “Auto Arrange icons OFF and Align icons to grid OFF" and "Auto Arrange icons ON and Align icons to grid ON". After restarting my computer, when I right click on my desktop, the View box does not pop up. What happens is the screen flashes, goes black, the icons reappear, and then nothing happens - no View box.

I’m wondering if I need to delete the strings added to the registry and return everything to it’s prior state, or if that would make matters worse. Anyway, I’m not confident that I know how to delete those strings added to registry.

:)

Big Bob, Jun 6, 2019

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons

Hello,

Some configuration on your desktop settings must have been changed. To address your concern, follow the steps below:

• Right-click anywhere on your desktop > Click View.
    • Make sure there's a check mark beside Show desktop icons.
    • Check if the desktop icons are now appearing.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Regile Reb, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop

desktop icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on
            desktop, click on View.

• Uncheck Auto arrange icons.

Hope this helps. If issue persists, please reply with information for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop

1. Desktop Icons - View screen does not popup when I right click desktop - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons View

2. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  3. When I right click on the desktop, the Desktop Context Menu does not come on. The screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on the desktop, the Desktop Context Menu does not come on. The screen...: When I right click on the desktop, the Desktop Context Menu does not show up in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-right-click-on-the-desktop-the-desktop/3f24d393-d631-4867-b1ba-bd25582df0d4
  4. When I right click on the desktop, the Desktop Context Menu does not come on. The screen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I right click on the desktop, the Desktop Context Menu does not come on. The screen...: When I right click on the desktop, the Desktop Context Menu does not show up in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-right-click-on-the-desktop-the-desktop/3f24d393-d631-4867-b1ba-bd25582df0d4
  5. When I right click on the desktop, the Desktop Context Menu does not come on. The screen...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Right Click on desktop does not work

Right Click on desktop does not work: I am having an issue that when I right click my desktop, the loading symbol pops up and then goes away after a minute or two. I am not in tablet mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-on-desktop-does-not-work/cde807db-63f4-4238-a929-71f601e6f214
  7. Desktop icons and right click

Desktop icons and right click: I can not find my desktop icons nor can I right click on my desktop this is what my desktop looks like[IMG] this is what I want it too look like how do I fix this? thank you [ATTACH]...
  8. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.: Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the screen the gives you all those settings. Then it will take around 2 minutes for that to actually show, but when I click it...
  9. Desktop screen is black and right click does not work.

Desktop screen is black and right click does not work.: Hi, I used to see icons on my desktop and today, they disappear altogether. There is a side bar you work with and I don't feel comfortable. The screen is black and if I right click on screen, it does not work and nothing is coming up to chose. When changing screens, I...
  10. Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop crashes when right click icon on desktop: Hi friends i have 2 computers one is laptop and the other is desktop.Both are on windows 10 with genuine windows license and 100% updated. I am having a weird problem and it started recently. When connected to laptop via remote desktop, if i right click on any icon then the...