Windows 10: Desktop Icons Weird Size

Discus and support Desktop Icons Weird Size in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I decided to just do a reinstall of Windows 10 after having a couple of issues and downloading software such as iObit that is questionable at best... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by goreds12, Dec 29, 2015.

1. goreds12 Win User

Desktop Icons Weird Size

So, I decided to just do a reinstall of Windows 10 after having a couple of issues and downloading software such as iObit that is questionable at best (just found that out, glad I did some research online) and everything has been going really smoothly in terms of updating programs, apps, etc., but I just found this weird glitch or bug if you will. Take a look at the screenshot attached. Doing the simple ctrl+mouse wheel will make the desktop icons larger or smaller, but for some reason the text size is still SUPER small. My resolution settings are normal for Windows 10 (250% recommended) and I've never encountered this issue before.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

goreds12, Dec 29, 2015

2. How to change size of desktop icons?

Original title: Desktop

HOW DO I CHANGE THE SIZE OF ICONS ON DESKTOP ????? AND CHANGE THE PRINT SIZE AT ICONS ???

Granny Franny, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Icon size

Hi,

I've been having a problem with my icon size : it won't stay the same size.

Everytime I turn on my laptop, I change the icon size on desktop with the touchpad, and the icon size in my folders to "large", but whenever i reboot my laptop the icon size returns to "medium" on desktop and "small with details" in my folders.

Anyone knows how to fix that ?

Jaafar El Zein, Dec 29, 2015
  4. cbwilsha Win User

Desktop Icons Weird Size

Right click on the desktop and click on Display Settings. Click Advanced Display Settings and then Advanced Sizing of Text and Other Items. One of the Items you can set size and boldness for is Icons.

cbwilsha, Dec 29, 2015
  5. Do you have a desktop or a laptop? If you have the latter, do a pinch to zoom out on the trackpad. The other way would be to, right click the desktop > then under View, you can set it to Medium Icons ​for the default size.

Michaelvas17, Dec 29, 2015
  6. b1rd Win User
    Another option is to just hold the 'Ctrl' button down and use the scroll wheel to adjust the size.

7. cbwilsha Win User
    Michael and B1RD--Your instructions only changes the size of the Icon, NOT the size of the text (Icon Name).

cbwilsha, Dec 29, 2015
  8. goreds12 Win User

Desktop Icons Weird Size

Yeah cbwilsha is right. I have no idea what happened, but it's working now. Ha. Thanks guys!

goreds12, Dec 29, 2015
  9. b1rd Win User
    Yes, my apologies. I failed to read the original post in detail.

I just took closer look at your post and that is some damn small text. Hopefully somebody will come up with a useful suggestion.

Good luck,

10. You should right click the desktop,click on Display Settings, and you can adjust the size of the font systemwide:

Desktop Icons Weird Size [​IMG]

Michaelvas17, Dec 29, 2015
  11. You rebooted, I bet! Desktop Icons Weird Size :)

Sonrisante, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Icons Weird Size

1. Desktop Icons Weird Size - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons Weird

2. Weird Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Desktop Icons: So recently I completely reset my PC, and the icons have been like this for a few days now and I can not find a single solution to this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-desktop-icons/a2b93bb9-1afe-4977-bfd9-c5850696f857
  3. Weird Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Desktop Icons: So recently I completely reset my PC, and the icons have been like this for a few days now and I can not find a single solution to this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-desktop-icons/a2b93bb9-1afe-4977-bfd9-c5850696f857
  4. Weird Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop Icon Sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Sizes: My desktop icon sizes seem to be changer very slightly when I plug in an external monitor, the external monitor has an uncommon resolution of 3840x2160 60hz and my laptop has an internal display with a resolution of 2560x1600 165hz, I can fit 10 desktop icons on my desktop...
  6. Desktop Icon Sizes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Sizes: My desktop icon sizes seem to be changer very slightly when I plug in an external monitor, the external monitor has an uncommon resolution of 3840x2160 60hz and my laptop has an internal display with a resolution of 2560x1600 165hz, I can fit 10 desktop icons on my desktop...
  7. Weird icons in Desktop

Weird icons in Desktop: What is these two boxes popping on the screen after turning on laptop.[Original Title: Desktop] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-icons-in-desktop/272dc476-bbc6-4050-9d11-f51dd1ae6bfe
  8. size of icons desktop

size of icons desktop: right click on desktop does not let me select size of icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-of-icons-desktop/54246a2f-81e0-41a1-8929-2ce03fe353a8
  9. Desktop icon size

Desktop icon size: Something I did changed the size of my desktop icons, made them larger. Even though I go into "View" and change the icons to the smallest, they are still bigger than they were originally. What do I do other than in the View setting can I bring them back to the smaller...
  10. Size desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Size desktop Icons: How can I reduce or increase size of icons on desktop. 35203