Windows 10: Desktop icons

Discus and support Desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG]hey there! i have a problem with desktop icons. after summer update, they started to look like on the pic( and i can't move them through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by redxao, Sep 12, 2019.

1. redxao Win User

Desktop icons

Desktop icons [​IMG]hey there!

i have a problem with desktop icons. after summer update, they started to look like on the pic(

and i can't move them through desktop. only on it's upper part.

:)

redxao, Sep 12, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Desktop icons

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Desktop icons

1. Desktop icons - Similar Threads - Desktop icons

2. After I uninstalled Blizzard launcher from my PC, some of my desktop icons and folders are...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After I uninstalled Blizzard launcher from my PC, some of my desktop icons and folders are...: Can someone help me, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-i-uninstalled-blizzard-launcher-from-my-pc/ab3cf531-d911-4a61-84b7-dcfdf39fddfc
  3. How do I open the task bar in Windows Media player, and how do I create a desktop icon for WMP?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I open the task bar in Windows Media player, and how do I create a desktop icon for WMP?: I need to use WMP in order to use some old software. It's still telling me the WMP isn't currently installed on me computer, even though I can open it when I run a search from the start menu. How do I fully install WMP, and how do I create either a desktop icon, or pin it...
  4. WIN 10 desktop icons lost or turned blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN 10 desktop icons lost or turned blank: Suddenly several desktop icons for programs that I installed disappeared or their picture turned to a white rectangle. How do I fix this? Thanks Mark Markett...
  5. how do i change desktop icon windows 10 android

how do i change desktop icon windows 10 android: how do i change desktop icon for weather windows 10 android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-desktop-icon-windows-10-android/61e48540-d6db-4c6a-bfd0-348601f6d10c
  6. Icon on desktop

Icon on desktop: My Recycle bin icon has changed to folded paper icon. I have tried to reset the icon through the Themes settings but that did not work. Microsoft "advisors" can only suggest the unsuccessful route I have taken. Help please...
  7. Desktop icons.

Desktop icons.: Hello: When I right click on a desktop I get a drop down list. This is good. Now I click "new" to get the fly out menu, nothing happens. This is bad. Question is, what has happened? and what do I need to do to fix it? Many thanks. Dean...
  8. Desktop icons splitting between main and second monitor

Desktop icons splitting between main and second monitor: I was messing around with my desktop settings a few days ago and when I changed the size of my desktop icons from medium to large back to medium, my icons started splitting between my main and second monitor. I moved them back, but whenever I restart or turn my computer back...
  9. Can't delete icons/shortcuts on the desktop unless I pin/unpin them

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete icons/shortcuts on the desktop unless I pin/unpin them: hi, I can't delete icons/shortcuts on the desktop unless I pin/unpin them to start or taskbar. after right-click, pressing "delete" or from the keyboard or after dragging them to the bin icons still there. after I pin/unpin them (randomly start/taskbar) I'm able to drag them...
  10. Desktop shortcut icons become white squares

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icons become white squares: I have a 17 month old Acer TC-780 computer running Win-10 home edition, 16-GB RAM and a HP 1920x1080 monitor. I have a lot of short cuts to files and programs on my desktop. Every couple days the short-cuts become white squares rather than the icons that they are suppose to...