Windows 10: DESKTOP ICONS

Discus and support DESKTOP ICONS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HOW DO I CHANGE THE FONT COLOR OF MY DSKTOP ICONS?? THE PRINT IS WHITE AND I WANT TO CHANGE IT TO BLACK....I CAN NOT SEE THE ICON NAMES WITH THE LIGHT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DarrinHome-PC, Jan 15, 2020.

1. DESKTOP ICONS

HOW DO I CHANGE THE FONT COLOR OF MY DSKTOP ICONS??

THE PRINT IS WHITE AND I WANT TO CHANGE IT TO BLACK....I CAN NOT SEE THE ICON NAMES WITH THE LIGHT BACKGROUND I AM USING.....TY

:)

DarrinHome-PC, Jan 15, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jan 15, 2020
  4. DESKTOP ICONS

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

DESKTOP ICONS

1. DESKTOP ICONS - Similar Threads - DESKTOP ICONS

2. desktop icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons disappeared: I have just installed a Logitech wierelss keyboard and I have lost all my desktop icons. How can I fix it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-disappeared/b28817ab-23f4-456c-94c7-7769115d24f6
  3. Desktop Icons Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Question: Running Windows 10 Home ed. New to win 10 and when I created some desktop icons for example Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird and a Shutdown shortcut icon there is an image of what appears to be a sheet of paper folded on the top right corner superimposed over the icon...
  4. Cannot click on anything except icons on the desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot click on anything except icons on the desktop: Hello community. Lately I am encountering this weird bug thanks to which I cannot click on anything that is not desktop. I can launch programs via their shortcuts but when I click on their working window the computer bypasses them and clicks on the desktop instead, graying...
  5. How to "advanced" resize desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to "advanced" resize desktop icons?: This has always annoyed me. I have one machine that runs one software suite(two desktop apps). I want them to be large icons. Usually one of the apps will scale on its own and the other will not resize, rather just the area to select it gets larger. Usually I load a custom...
  6. Recycle Bin is greyed out in Desktop Icon Settings on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Recycle Bin is greyed out in Desktop Icon Settings on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If the Recycle Bin option is greyed out in the Desktop Icon Settings window in Windows 10, you can check out this step by step […] This post Recycle Bin is greyed out in Desktop Icon Settings on Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. my user name folder turned into desktop icon folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my user name folder turned into desktop icon folder: hi guys, i did something unaware,and my name folder under users has changed to desktop folder...and all the files and folder in it are now displaying on my desktop..i have tried to rename..but it is throwing error!![ATTACH]...
  8. Displays desktop, but none of the icons are "active"

Displays desktop, but none of the icons are "active": Just installed the security update two days ago. Since then, my computer takesinordinately long to boot up. It used to be maybe 15 seconds, now it takes over two minutes. Worse yet, two problems have developed: 1 the computer boots, my normal desktop is displayed, but...
  9. Unclickable Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unclickable Desktop Icons: Hello Microsoft Users i am having an issue of unable to access my file folders icons in window's 10 they appear below at the task bar but when i click on them it won't launch like how you click google chrome with 2 clicks instead of multiple clicks it's not just file...
  10. taskbar icons disappearing & desktop icons changing places after recent win. 10 v. 1909 updaate

taskbar icons disappearing & desktop icons changing places after recent win. 10 v. 1909 updaate: Since the windows 10 update to v. 1909 the taskbar icons are constantly disappearing and re-appearing randomly. Also each time pc is turned on desktop icons have been moved to different places. I have restarted many times and tried every fix I can find online all without...