Windows 10: Desktop Icons

Discus and support Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My question seems so simple but after 3 hours of re-phrasing and receiving a gazillion answers "all around" the subject I'm at a total loss. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Carol_101, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Carol_101 Win User

Desktop Icons

My question seems so simple but after 3 hours of re-phrasing and receiving a gazillion answers "all around" the subject I'm at a total loss. I have Windows 10, downloaded "newest" edge browser. I have website icons that I pinned to my taskbar and some are also as an icon in my start menu. All I want to do is have those icons on my desktop instead. I can right click from anywhere and everywhere but it does nothing. Forget dragging, it just upsets the system. There are already desktop icons there presently, the basic 4 or 5 and then others from documents in File Explorer that I chose to have there. Every response generated refers to the task bar and and all the wonderful things I can do with it, locking it, or moving it, or formatting it and it's connection to the start menu. There was one answer referring to Themes but it was of no help. One answer was to open the website location window and drag the "lock". Dragging once again. Why when I enter Desktop Icons related to "websites" do I get info over and over about moving the stupid trash can to different location or how to resize the apps. Is the new Edge Browser the problem? If so, just tell me. Beyond frustrated!

:)

Carol_101, Jul 4, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Desktop Icons

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Icons

1. Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons

2. desktop icons are overlapping FIXED

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons are overlapping FIXED: so i was messing around with the text size of my computer to see if anything worked the best for me. then i looked at my desktop where your computer background will be then i saw that there were only to rows, and the first row had most of the programs i had downloaded...
  3. desktop icons are overlapping D:

desktop icons are overlapping D:: so i was messing around with the text size of my computer to see if anything worked the best for me. then i looked at my desktop where your computer background will be then i saw that there were only to rows, and the first row had most of the programs i had downloaded...
  4. Desktop Icons won't work in Windows 10

Desktop Icons won't work in Windows 10: For the last 2 days, after leaving my system alone for several hours, all of my desktop icons have an X on them. Nothing will open. The only way I have found to correct this is to crash my system and 10 to 20 seconds later reboot. I have run security and malware scans, but...
  5. All Windows Apps Icons blank on the Desktop

All Windows Apps Icons blank on the Desktop: Hi, So all my Windows Apps icons are blank on my desktop. They are ok in the task bar and on the start menu and even when searching but on the desktop they are all blank. I noticed this because I have Xbox game pass and the icons suddenly stopped showing up. I have attached...
  6. No icons will display on the desktop after update KB4565483

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No icons will display on the desktop after update KB4565483: After installing KB4565483 on version 1909 No icons will display on the desktop. This includes the both system level and created shortcuts for files etc. I tried several times the settings steps for displaying icons. How do I get them back....
  7. desktop icons

desktop icons: How do I change the size of my desktop icons in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons/91edd978-672c-4789-8fa8-7b0e5de5dfbe
  8. Frustrated! Desktop icons disappear, font settings don't hold.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frustrated! Desktop icons disappear, font settings don't hold.: I have a new Windows 10 laptop. The first thing I noticed was that the desktop icons' text was so small I could barely read it and shadowing of the fonts was making them look fuzzy, even harder to read. Therefore, I went through all the steps I could find to increase the icon...
  9. Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon

Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon: Since the last windows 10 Pro 64-bit upgrade about 10 days ago, every time that I click a desktop icon to open an app, windows explorer opens. Does anyone know of this problem and how to fix it, ie stop windows explorer opening automatically...
  10. No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...

No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...: It's all in the title. When I login, there are no desktop icons. If I click a few times the screen will flash and go back to how it was. Clicking on the Taskbar results in the same thing. I've tried opening task manager by ctrl Alt delete and by ctrl shift escape, but it...