Windows 10: desktop icons

Discus and support desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change the size of my desktop icons in Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nyls1984, Aug 4, 2020.

1. nyls1984 Win User

desktop icons

How do I change the size of my desktop icons in Windows 10?

:)

nyls1984, Aug 4, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Aug 4, 2020
  4. desktop icons

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

desktop icons

1. desktop icons - Similar Threads - desktop icons

2. Desktop icons not showing as the picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not showing as the picture: I turned on this morning to find that my desktop is populated with icons or thumbnails or whatever they are called and I want them to show as the picture not just some blank square. I have Googled it but cannot find any answers any ideas greatly appreciated see pic solved I...
  3. Desktop icons not shwowing as the picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not shwowing as the picture: I turned on this morning to find that my desktop is populated with icons or thumbnails or whatever they are called and I want them to show as the picture not just some blank square. I have Googled it but cannot find any answers any ideas greatly appreciated see pic solved I...
  4. How to transfer desktop "icons" from old laptop to new laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to transfer desktop "icons" from old laptop to new laptop?: Have transferred the desktop file to new laptop but what I have is the folder with all the icons from the old. What I want to do is see the "icons" in the new laptop's desktop. What I have is a desktop folder in my new laptop: [ATTACH]...
  5. Desktop icon glitch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icon glitch?: Today i turned on my computer and i was greeted with a really weird glitch. My icons keep moving around. They start off the normal place they usually are then they jumble up then go back then jumble back up and so on. At the same time of this happening, my computer is almost...
  6. Problem with desktop icon borders

Problem with desktop icon borders: [ATTACH] When I select an app on my desktop then click somewhere else, a border with a dotted line appears around the app. Can somone help me fix this please. Thank you...
  7. Why are my Desktop-Icons so wide and how can I revert them back to the old size?

Why are my Desktop-Icons so wide and how can I revert them back to the old size?: A few minutes ago, I did the Windows 10 build 2004 Update. Before the update, my desktop icons were not that wide like it is now. Also, when I try to make them smaller they get even wider. I tried to refresh, restart my pc etc. nothing helped. Can someone help me, please?...
  8. Have icons on another desktop

Have icons on another desktop: I was wondering with the task view feature is it possible to have icons on one desktop while keeping another blank? i want to have my primary blank with a secondary with all my icons. submitted by /u/iDSR [link] [comments]...
  9. ...Issue with Desktop Icon - accidentlly renamed to Download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ...Issue with Desktop Icon - accidentlly renamed to Download: Hi I hope you are safe! I have an issue that seems to be a common issue but after searching, I can seem to find the answer. I accidentally renamed my Desktop icon Download. Now I have 2 Download icons - one with the correct download icon - the other with a Desktop...
  10. How do I remove medalion from w 10 desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove medalion from w 10 desktop icons: How do I remove this [ATTACH]medalion from w 10 desktop icons Regards, klxdrt15 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-medalion-from-w-10-desktop-icons/770057d7-1488-43b9-a2c6-26d56b90c80e