Windows 10: desktop icons

Discus and support desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been putting my pc and recycle bin icons on my desktop via settings, personalisation, themes, desktop icons and they are not there. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mcs#, Dec 2, 2020.

1. mcs# Win User

desktop icons

I have been putting my pc and recycle bin icons on my desktop via settings, personalisation, themes, desktop icons and they are not there. I have tried resetting to default also and restarting, and the recycle bin nor anything else shows up. How can I get these icons to show up on the desktop please?

:)

mcs#, Dec 2, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Dec 3, 2020
  4. desktop icons

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

desktop icons

1. desktop icons - Similar Threads - desktop icons

2. Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon text to the right - and smaller icons than settings allow: Hi guys, Is there any way on windows 10 to make the desktop icons appear as do on this macbook. I feel like even the 'small' setting is too big for the desktop, and the text below the icon cuts off part of the icon desciption. I have uploadet a screenshot. Thanks in...
  3. Desktop icon grid bugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icon grid bugged: [ATTACH] Alright so there is a spot on my second monitor where i cant place any icons basically the whole right border is unusable for icon space https://preview.redd.it/fo1l0qonicd61.png?width=504&format=png&auto=webp&s=a0c8770033bd4db01d6e5371f3cc631fc5042672...
  4. Opening Windows 10 desktop icons fine at first, then after a while they don't load

Opening Windows 10 desktop icons fine at first, then after a while they don't load: I've got an Acer Aspire A515 laptop that recently has developed an annoying glitch. I start it up, everything loads fine. I start using apps by clicking on icons on my desktop. Then after about 6-10 times of closing and re-opening a frequently used app like Google Chrome,...
  5. Try to install windows 10 on self-built desktop, but it freezes at windows icon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Try to install windows 10 on self-built desktop, but it freezes at windows icon: Hello everyone, I just built a desktop and tried to install windows 10 using bootable USB, but whenever it always freezes at the windows icon screen. I tried both the media tool and Rufus to setup the bootable drive. But both of them didn't work for me. It either tells me I...
  6. Can't move icons on desktop into a folder on the same desktop [Windows 10]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move icons on desktop into a folder on the same desktop [Windows 10]: Hi, I just build a new pc and freshly installed Windows 10 Pro. But now I am stuck with a weird bug. As I am unable to move a desktop icon into a folder even newly created ones. Whenever I try to do this, the screen freezes for about 1 second, then it "blinks" and the icon...
  7. Desktop Icon Background Color

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon Background Color: OS: Windows 10 Pro Version: 20H2 Just recently I noticed some desktop icons have a blue background (see pic below) when, before, they were transparent. They didn't have this until today. Does anyone know how I can revert back to desktop icons with transparent backgrounds?...
  8. moving icons, desktop windows 10 2021

moving icons, desktop windows 10 2021: hi! i installed 3 windows 10 pro greek version from your site https://www.microsoft.com/el-gr/software-download/windows10?d2784474-fdb0-4e9d-9e47-5e88c0e053ec=True in usb and when install finished the icons move all around! for examble thw desktop icon went to bottom and the...
  9. Desktop icons

Desktop icons: How do I Initiate an icon for a particular web page.? For instance how do I get and display an icon for 'Bitdefender"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons/e473ec52-e695-4868-aac5-2e6808420656
  10. How can I change desktop icons to black.

How can I change desktop icons to black.: help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-desktop-icons-to-black/e20db909-adef-4dda-916c-799ca3bf4fe3