Windows 10: Desktop Icons

Discus and support Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my desktop icons have suddenly begun occupying large spaces regardless of icon size so autoarrange spreads them around the desktop. How do I reduce the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bman2133, Sep 15, 2021.

1. bman2133 Win User

Desktop Icons

my desktop icons have suddenly begun occupying large spaces regardless of icon size so autoarrange spreads them around the desktop. How do I reduce the space used so it is only the size of the icon itself?

:)

bman2133, Sep 15, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Desktop Icons

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Icons

1. Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons

2. Desktop Icons Not Behaving Good

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Not Behaving Good: Hi, I changed screen resolution from 1920*1080 to 1366*768, and now I am unable to see my desktop icons there are 8 icons and I can see only 3 in 100% resolution, and if I increase the number will decrease. I have tried all possible solutions and unable to see all the icons....
  3. Cant get Icons on desktop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant get Icons on desktop: Hello, So I have recently built my own pc and went to go download stuff from the Microsoft store. I was able to download stuff like Forza 4 and MSI dragon center. The thing is when I downloaded those programs they never gave me an icon on my desktop. to be able to play Forza...
  4. Icons on desktop overlap + other display anomalies

Icons on desktop overlap + other display anomalies: Hi.I recently bought a new laptop, and since it's so new I can reset it if that's the easiest fix to my issue:I bought a Lenovo Legion laptop, and I have it connected to a LG 75" TV, so I hardly ever use the laptop's screen. When connected to the TV, the screen resolution...
  5. anyway to keep desktop icons where i want without using Auto Arrange in windows 10?

anyway to keep desktop icons where i want without using Auto Arrange in windows 10?: Anyway to keep desktop icons, after logging in, where i want WITHOUT using Auto Arrange in windows 10 version 21H1? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyway-to-keep-desktop-icons-where-i-want-without/1ee93567-a619-4358-91ec-d874711372c5
  6. I changed my desktop icons.

I changed my desktop icons.: a few days ago I decided to change my icons to windows 98 icons, and I've liked them. but it's been a bit confusing and I want to change them back, but I don't know how...
  7. Desktop icons, background. and taskbar disappear

Desktop icons, background. and taskbar disappear: A coworker is having an issue with their computer and I've been tasked to figure it out, but I don't understand what's happening here.At random times during the day her desktop background, desktop icons, and taskbar disappear and all she can see is a black screen and her...
  8. Enabling One Drive wiped my desktop icons and replaced them with the icons from my laptop...

Enabling One Drive wiped my desktop icons and replaced them with the icons from my laptop...: How can I restore my desktop after enabling OneDrive on my desktop and having it remove all my desktop icons in favor of duplicating my laptop desktop icons?...
  9. Text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop.

Text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop.: The text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop not only that when I go into file explorer and look at files it only shows the picture of the files but no text beside it. Please HELP....
  10. What do the two different symbols in the lower left of the icon on the desktop, mean?

What do the two different symbols in the lower left of the icon on the desktop, mean?: I've recently noticed that there's a difference in the lower left of the icons for applications on my desktop. I originally thought that it was just an indication used for a shortcut. But now I'm wondering if some reference a shortcut, but the other references ... something...