Windows 10: Desktop image size.

Discus and support Desktop image size. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have selected and put on my desktop an image from my pictures folder. The image is too large, what I mean is it show the whole image, it is like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jer1, Nov 4, 2019.

1. jer1 Win User

Desktop image size.

I have selected and put on my desktop an image from my pictures folder. The image is too large, what I mean is it show the whole image, it is like looking at a magnified or close-up view. I would like to reduce the size, so that I can see the whole image, however when I go to personalize or display setting, there is no way to change/reduce size of image. I can change icon/font size, but can't find a way to reduce my selected image size.
    Any advice is appreciated.

:)

jer1, Nov 4, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Nov 4, 2019
  3. TIGR Win User
    Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

TIGR, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Desktop image size.

Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Desktop image size.

1. Desktop image size. - Similar Threads - Desktop image size

2. images on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    images on desktop: desktop is too wide and I cannot see sides of screen, including START button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/images-on-desktop/a6074ce8-f030-421d-8bc7-961cf515a863
  3. desktop size

desktop size: I am using windows for a long time Windows taskbar is movable starting at almost one of the first versons. Not many persons actually move it to the different position from the default. For me it is very usefull. But with it there is one thing very annoing. Almost never apps...
  4. icon image size

icon image size: How do I increase the size of an image and print size inside an icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-image-size/28dabf3d-b1a2-4950-897b-70ee904734db
  5. Printing images in smaller size

Printing images in smaller size: I can not print my pictures smaller all of a sudden, preview unavailable?? Any ideas please? ***Modified title from: Printing*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-images-in-smaller-size/f22eb898-3d01-4a90-842d-0a6b7becbba4
  6. Image size in Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image size in Paint 3D: Is there a way to see the image size in Paint 3D? Not dimensions, but overall size e.g. 2MB, 800 kb and so on. In Paint, I can see the size on the bottom edge, but I can't find it in Paint 3D. Sometimes I have to resize an image so it's not over a certain size, but I can't do...
  7. desktop size

desktop size: I have a new Dell Inspiron 3670 running Windows 10. I've noticed that whatever is on my screen is about 1/4 inch too large for the screen so that the scroll bars are off the screen to the right. They can be accessed if I happen to hit just the right spot, bit is hit and miss....
  8. Image Inside of Icon Size

Image Inside of Icon Size: Hello! A while back I got a new Windows 10 laptop, and I accidently made some of the images inside my desktop images smaller. Unfortunately, I've been looking for some sort of solution on the internet, however the only results I get are making the icon itself bigger which...
  9. paint 3d image sizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    paint 3d image sizing: Hi, I've created 2D artwork that i want to print. When i send the tiff file to my printer the file appears to be very small even though i have set the pixel to the right size. The artwork sits very small in a white box....
  10. Contradictory sizes for Windows image?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Contradictory sizes for Windows image?: I'm trying to understand contradictory numbers about the size of the image which I've just made with the Win 7 tool. Win 10 File Explorer nonsensically reports most of the folders associated with the data backup and image as having zero size. So I used TreeSize instead....