Windows 10: Desktop in Explorer not showing all files

Discus and support Desktop in Explorer not showing all files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason when I access 'Desktop' by using the explorer it's not showing all the files on my desktop, as an example the recycling bin and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tvilk, Jul 26, 2020.

1. /u/Tvilk Win User

Desktop in Explorer not showing all files

For some reason when I access 'Desktop' by using the explorer it's not showing all the files on my desktop, as an example the recycling bin and a shortcut for Adobe Creative Cloud is not showing however it's showing a shortcut for other stuff. When I use "shell:desktop" it shows all the files but I can't pin this path to 'Quick Access.'

If anyone knows how to show all my files I would appreciate it. It's really frustrating having to minimize all programs to access some things from my desktop instead of just being able to use explorer.

submitted by /u/Tvilk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tvilk, Jul 26, 2020
  2. J FNV Win User

how to show or list all items on Desktop

All items show on regular desktop, but not listed under File Explorer. Question is, how to get all listed under File Explorer.

J FNV, Jul 26, 2020
  3. sturpe Win User
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Jul 26, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop in Explorer not showing all files - Similar Threads - Desktop Explorer showing

2. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop: Hi all,My wife cleaned up my keyboard in the afternoon and then all the files on the desktop are not visible anymore, but they are visible in File Explorer > desktop. So I'm wondering if there are any shortcuts or settings that are causing this. Here are the steps I've...
  3. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop: Hi all,My wife cleaned up my keyboard in the afternoon and then all the files on the desktop are not visible anymore, but they are visible in File Explorer > desktop. So I'm wondering if there are any shortcuts or settings that are causing this. Here are the steps I've...
  4. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop: I have multiple desktop shortcuts on my desktop, but not all of them are showing up in the windows file explorer folder view.I have enabled hidden folders, and have rebooted both the computer and file explorer multiple times.Image: https://ibb.co/n3df39p...
  6. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop: I have multiple desktop shortcuts on my desktop, but not all of them are showing up in the windows file explorer folder view.I have enabled hidden folders, and have rebooted both the computer and file explorer multiple times.Image: https://ibb.co/n3df39p...
  7. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

8. Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer: How do I get file explorer, when I select the desktop, to show what all is on the desktop, not just those items in my user id desktop folder? Nothing shows up from 'All Users' as it does on the desktop itself....
  9. Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer

Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer: How do I get file explorer, when I select the desktop, to show what all is on the desktop, not just those items in my user id desktop folder? Nothing shows up from 'All Users' as it does on the desktop itself....
  10. How to show all files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to show all files in File Explorer: I reset Windows and now my SVG files are missing in File Explorer. How do I fix this without trawling through loads of out of date help on the Internet? 174408