Windows 10: Desktop.ini appears on my desktop (1809)

Discus and support Desktop.ini appears on my desktop (1809) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i finally rebooted my pc after a month since my motherboard came back from RMA and i see a file on my desktop that i swear wasnt't there before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MajorFoley, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Desktop.ini appears on my desktop (1809)

So i finally rebooted my pc after a month since my motherboard came back from RMA and i see a file on my desktop that i swear wasnt't there before called desktop.ini, is it safe to get rid of it? This is win 10 pro 1809.

:)

MajorFoley, Oct 15, 2020
  2. pepanee Win User

Desktop INI and Autorun

Desktop.ini appears on my desktop (1809) [​IMG]

pepanee, Oct 15, 2020
  3. dacrone Win User
    Desktop INI and Autorun

So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working.

**NOT Working**
    I need the parent on each of these hdds to:
    - show large icon (or just icon) view

*Working*
    I need subfolders within the parent to:
    - assign icon
    - show icon view

**NOT Working**
    I need subfolders within the subfolders to:
    - show list view

dacrone, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Desktop.ini appears on my desktop (1809)

cant open desktop ini files in windows 7

cant open desktop ini files in windows 7

luckybis59, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Desktop.ini appears on my desktop (1809)

1. Desktop.ini appears on my desktop (1809) - Similar Threads - Desktop ini appears

2. something as appeared in my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    something as appeared in my desktop: when i turn off my pc there was nothing in my desktop but when i turn it on after 5 hrs there is something in my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-as-appeared-in-my-desktop/d45e617b-0b4e-40fb-a2db-a3f4b351b6c5
  3. something as appeared in my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    something as appeared in my desktop: when i turn off my pc there was nothing in my desktop but when i turn it on after 5 hrs there is something in my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-as-appeared-in-my-desktop/d45e617b-0b4e-40fb-a2db-a3f4b351b6c5
  4. desktop appearance

desktop appearance: I'm trying to take my apps on my desktop and convert them to list format. The icons take up too much space even shrunk to their smallest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-appearance/2225146a-34db-484b-b262-4846c3495302
  5. Desktop appearance

Desktop appearance: Since my windows update yesterday my microsoft surface desktop screen picture and all the tiles on top are muted grey. All the color in my personalized photo is gone. When I change the background photo it is still grey. Can anyone help. I have gone into personalization and...
  6. Desktop not appearing

Desktop not appearing: Whenever I power on my pc, after signing in the desktop shows for about 5 seconds then turns entirely to black and I cannot click on anything and the taskbar disappears unless I press the Windows key. I used to use wallpaper engine but have since removed all of the files and...
  7. desktop appearance

desktop appearance: How do I disable gridlines on my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-appearance/5d1f1fd9-07b8-43d3-83b4-6f9e8ed54075
  8. Desktop appearance

Desktop appearance: 1 year old computer was working fine. Downloaded Libby app from Microsoft store. Desktop reverted to Tile Screen. Deleted those. Still have tile tool icons at upper left. Desktop image is washed out. Tried different image. Still washed out. Anybody?...
  9. Desktop INI and Autorun

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop INI and Autorun: So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working. **NOT Working** I need the parent on...
  10. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. coinbase helpline number