Windows 10: Desktop.ini appears on my desktop (1809)

Discus and support Desktop.ini appears on my desktop (1809) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i finally rebooted my pc after a month since my motherboard came back from RMA and i see a file on my desktop that i swear wasnt't there before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MajorFoley, Oct 15, 2020 at 6:52 AM.

1. Desktop.ini appears on my desktop (1809)

So i finally rebooted my pc after a month since my motherboard came back from RMA and i see a file on my desktop that i swear wasnt't there before called desktop.ini, is it safe to get rid of it? This is win 10 pro 1809.

:)

2. pepanee Win User

Desktop INI and Autorun

Desktop.ini appears on my desktop (1809) [​IMG]

3. dacrone Win User
    Desktop INI and Autorun

So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working.

**NOT Working**
    I need the parent on each of these hdds to:
    - show large icon (or just icon) view

*Working*
    I need subfolders within the parent to:
    - assign icon
    - show icon view

**NOT Working**
    I need subfolders within the subfolders to:
    - show list view

4. Desktop.ini appears on my desktop (1809)

cant open desktop ini files in windows 7

cant open desktop ini files in windows 7

Thema:

Desktop.ini appears on my desktop (1809)

1. Desktop.ini appears on my desktop (1809) - Similar Threads - Desktop ini appears

2. desktop appearance

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop appearance: How do I disable gridlines on my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-appearance/5d1f1fd9-07b8-43d3-83b4-6f9e8ed54075
  3. Desktop appearance

Desktop appearance: 1 year old computer was working fine. Downloaded Libby app from Microsoft store. Desktop reverted to Tile Screen. Deleted those. Still have tile tool icons at upper left. Desktop image is washed out. Tried different image. Still washed out. Anybody?...
  4. No icons appear on the desktop

No icons appear on the desktop: When I open Microsoft, the desktop is completely blank. None of the icons or shortcuts appear. When I try to add one, nothing shows up, but it is indicated that the shortcut already exists. How do I get my original desktop back?...
  5. Desktop INI and Autorun

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop INI and Autorun: So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working. **NOT Working** I need the parent on...
  6. Icons keep appearing on my Desktop

Icons keep appearing on my Desktop: Recently I purchased a new Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD Notebook running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time, icons for programs would appear on my desktop. The main culprit being Hotspot Shield VPN. I've deleted these icons several times and they still keep...
  7. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....
  8. An unknown window appeared on my desktop

An unknown window appeared on my desktop: Recently, Whenever I download anything or edit my files, a window pops up on my desktop. The window is clear, has no name and doesn't show up in task manager. When I click it, it does nothing. It won't let me right click in the space of the window or drag desktop items to it....
  9. Desktop appears and then is gone

Desktop appears and then is gone: I have a problem with my laptop. Suddenly my desktop won't appear. When I sign on it shows up and then another screen takes it's place. On the left there are a few icons for pinned tiles, all apps, then farther down is change account settings, pictures, settings, and power....
  10. 2 files appeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    2 files appeared on my desktop: Hey guys, so i rebooted my computer today and these 2 files appeared on my desktop. They don't have any given name or location, and when I delete them, they come back if I refresh my screen. [img] Oh, and by the way, every time I right click on them, only 3 things...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. coinbase helpline number