Windows 10: desktop.ini like a virus cancer

Discus and support desktop.ini like a virus cancer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since this was my first posting I put desktop.ini into the search box and found there is some download that can fix it, but with the list of issues on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sumJoker, Aug 21, 2018.

1. sumJoker Win User

desktop.ini like a virus cancer

Since this was my first posting I put desktop.ini into the search box and found there is some download that can fix it, but with the list of issues on the page, I do not have any of the problems, so I went back, then I went to another page I was beginning to read up on why there is windows.ini. I found the page very interesting, then a stupid pop up message blocked what I was reading (im thinking im sick of this pop up "superfluous") I could not see how to remove the pop up message without stressing out my cool, so I gave that away.

I do not have a issue with my laptop, apart from it is a super intelligent computer, it can read my mind and then do the opposite , I am just sick of windows.ini in so many folders, sometimes it is there, sometimes it is not, every time I see it I just delete it

I do not see the point of windows,ini. Does some kind person know of good tutorial that does not have pop up messages?

:)

sumJoker, Aug 21, 2018
  2. nuva Win User

Snippet C#: INI Files

This code is great, i'm going to use this in one of my programmes *Big Grin desktop.ini like a virus cancer :D

is it possible to make a list of all sections in the ini files?

3. Snippet C#: INI Files

GetSections() will return a string[] of section names. If you want the values too, just do a for or for loop to enumerate them. For example:

Code: foreach (string section in ini.GetSections()) { Console.WriteLine("[" + section + "]"); foreach (string key in ini[section].GetKeys()) Console.WriteLine(key + "=" + ini[section][key]); Console.WriteLine(); }[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Aug 21, 2018
  4. natr0n Win User

natr0n, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. desktop.ini like a virus cancer - Similar Threads - desktop ini virus

2. Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?: So... I log in accentually to OneDrive at my Computer at Work and it mess around my Desktop, my Pictures, my Documents... It start downloading files from my computer at Home.-It moves all my Folders from C:\Users\USER\ $*Desktop $*Pictures $*Documents etc. to...
  3. Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?: So... I log in accentually to OneDrive at my Computer at Work and it mess around my Desktop, my Pictures, my Documents... It start downloading files from my computer at Home.-It moves all my Folders from C:\Users\USER\ $*Desktop $*Pictures $*Documents etc. to...
  4. Desktop is displayed like a directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop is displayed like a directory: Hello everyone,I use Windows 10 Education edition on a self-built desktop computer, and it has worked fine for a couple of years now. However, when I started my PC today, the desktop was displayed as if it was a typical directory - exactly like here:...
  5. Virus and not loading the desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and not loading the desktop: Hello dear sir. I am using windows 8 . My lap is an Acer laptop. When I enter my password it takes many time to start . Not only that after loading my I don't come to desktop. Only there is the my account and start . When I press start button no desktop comes.When I search...
  6. Icons Disappearing, Browser Reloads and My Computer is acting like it has cancer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons Disappearing, Browser Reloads and My Computer is acting like it has cancer.: Hi guys. My computer is facing a really weird problem I haven't seen anywhere.Firstly at the beginning, After I put my computer to sleep and turned it on again, it started with icons disappearing right after I clicked them. It also became very slow.I eventually realized that...
  7. Windows Defender and .ini files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender and .ini files: We ae using Windows 10 and Windows Defender antivirus. When our program saves information to an .ini file - it can take a very long time. It takes more than 4 times longer with Windows Defender than with other anti-virus programs ex AVG, Avast. If we exclude the .ini file...
  8. Desktop INI and Autorun

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop INI and Autorun: So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working. **NOT Working** I need the parent on...
  9. what is a .ini icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is a .ini icon?: I have these ghostly looking .ini icons on my screen, which are connected to other documents - what are they and can I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/what-is-a-ini-icon/11adb71a-4cd6-4a41-b307-0788047abf35
  10. annoying sound like a virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    annoying sound like a virus: it started with the chrome browser on youtube whenever i would watch a youtube video at the end of the video a weird drum sound was played i thought maybe only in the video it was played,,, actually most commonly appeared in music videos but NOW IN MY COMPUTER WITHOUT A...