Windows 10: Desktop.ini

Discus and support Desktop.ini in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,Can someone please help. Running Windows11. Somehow, Desktop.ini is not visible although "Show hidden file" is enable. The system is not generating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chan KL, Jan 21, 2025.

  1. Chan KL Win User

    Desktop.ini


    Hi,Can someone please help. Running Windows11. Somehow, Desktop.ini is not visible although "Show hidden file" is enable. The system is not generating Desktop.ini too. Is it corrupted? How do I solve it? Thank you

    :)
     
    Chan KL, Jan 21, 2025
    #1
  2. dacrone Win User

    Desktop INI and Autorun

    So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working.

    **NOT Working**
    I need the parent on each of these hdds to:
    - show large icon (or just icon) view

    *Working*
    I need subfolders within the parent to:
    - assign icon
    - show icon view

    **NOT Working**
    I need subfolders within the subfolders to:
    - show list view
     
    dacrone, Jan 21, 2025
    #2
  3. pepanee Win User
    Desktop INI and Autorun

    Desktop.ini 246862d1568096511t-desktop-ini-autorun-image.png
     
    pepanee, Jan 21, 2025
    #3
  4. dacrone Win User

    Desktop.ini

    Desktop INI and Autorun

    See Image

    Desktop.ini 247381d1568448909t-desktop-ini-autorun-untitled.png
     
    dacrone, Jan 21, 2025
    #4
Thema:

Desktop.ini

Loading...
  1. Desktop.ini - Similar Threads - Desktop ini

  2. Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures: To deal with the Remote Desktop Services (RDS) failures caused by the September 2026 security updates, as well as with Hyper-V and USB audio problems on certain versions of Windows, Microsoft has issued emergency out-of-band Windows updates. The September 2026 security...
  3. September Windows Server Updates Break Remote Desktop Services Across 2019, 2022, and 2025

    in Windows 10 News
    September Windows Server Updates Break Remote Desktop Services Across 2019, 2022, and 2025: Windows administrators have reported that the September 2026 cumulative updates are leading to failures of Remote Desktop Services (RDS) on Windows Server 2019, 2022, and 2025, which stops users from being able to connect and, in a number of instances, necessitates a hard...
  4. Unable to install Docker Desktop on Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    Unable to install Docker Desktop on Windows 11: [ATTACH]Docker Desktop is one of the easiest ways to run containers on Windows 11, but installation can sometimes fail or get stuck before setup completes. This can happen because of missing Windows features, an outdated WSL installation, disabled virtualization, or an...
  5. Windows 11 Test Build Adds Per-App Camera, Microphone, and Location Controls for Desktop...

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Test Build Adds Per-App Camera, Microphone, and Location Controls for Desktop...: Microsoft is testing a way to revoke camera, microphone, and location access for individual Win32 desktop programs in Windows 11, extending granular control that until now applied only to Microsoft Store apps. The capability surfaced in Windows Insider Preview Build...
  6. What is Windows Desktop Runtime used for? Is it safe?

    in Windows 10 News
    What is Windows Desktop Runtime used for? Is it safe?: [ATTACH]When you install or run certain applications on Windows, you may see a prompt asking you to install the Windows Desktop Runtime. What is Windows Desktop Runtime? Why is it needed? Is it safe? Let’s discuss these questions in this post. What is Windows Desktop Runtime?...
  7. How to enable multi-session for Remote Desktop

    in Windows 10 News
    How to enable multi-session for Remote Desktop: [ATTACH]Remote Desktop is an essential tool for remote administration and virtual desktop access, but the default session limits in Windows often surprise users. Depending on your edition, you might be restricted to a single active user session (Windows 11/10) or only two...
  8. How to remove Recycle Bin from Desktop in Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Recycle Bin from Desktop in Windows 11: In this post, we will show you how to remove the Recycle Bin from the Desktop in Windows 11. This will only hide the Recycle Bin icon from the desktop and the Recycle Bin itself still exists and works normally and can be accessed in a different way. Can the Recycle Bin be...
  9. Microsoft Adds Docking Option to Windows 11 Copilot That Resizes the Desktop to Make Room

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Adds Docking Option to Windows 11 Copilot That Resizes the Desktop to Make Room: Microsoft is introducing a new docking feature for the Windows 11 Copilot app. This update allows users to pin Copilot to the left or right edge of the screen and automatically resize other open apps to create more space. The feature was first spotted by Windows Latest and...
  10. Desktop INI and Autorun

    in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop INI and Autorun: So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working. **NOT Working** I need the parent on...