Windows 10: Desktop is a black screen with just recycle bin, can't get to recovery, can't do anything

Discus and support Desktop is a black screen with just recycle bin, can't get to recovery, can't do anything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, so to give you some background, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 320 running on Windows 10 Home. I have been having some problems with my keyboard for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Iv.Tr, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Iv.Tr Win User

Desktop is a black screen with just recycle bin, can't get to recovery, can't do anything

Hi,

so to give you some background, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 320 running on Windows 10 Home.

I have been having some problems with my keyboard for a while. First my shift keys would randomly stop working and I tried everything and nothing would fix them. Yesterday, my whole keyboard stopped working. I tried to uninstall the driver and when I restarted my lap top, it just wouldn't boot. It went into a loop of turning off and then on again. I shut it off by pressing the power button for a few seconds. After that when it started, it was slow and it would freeze after I try to perform a few simple actions. Also it would get super loud all of a sudden.

Finally, after struggling with this for a while, I managed to change some setting using the onscreen keyboard. I managed to get into Recovery and tried Repair. It said it was unable to fix the problem.

Eventually, I tried Reset this PC choosing to Keep my Files. It went well for a while and then, when it got to reinstalling Windows, it got stuck to 2% for hours and then it rebooted on its own with no changes. I tried the whole thing again, it again got stuck and I had to again press the power button and shut it down. It took forever to boot up and now I have a black desktop with just recycle bin. I can't do anything, keyboard is still not working, I can't get to recovery again no matter how many times I try to force shut it down.

I tried to not make this an essay, so I may have skipped some steps. I don't know what to do anymore, if you have any ideas, please let me know. If you need more details, I can try to give you more information.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Iv.Tr, Jan 4, 2020
  2. ipellant Win User

Missing desktop icons and recycle bin

No problems on the current Windows 10 on three computers I have running dual screens. Desktop Icons only appear on the primary screen.

All icons including the Recycle Bin not showing. The Recycle Bin could be the cause.

There was a bug / glitch during the Insider Preview builds that would flash up a message saying the Recycle Bin was corrupted or missing.

It seems that the Recycle Bin attempts to build a list of recycled files on all the drives on the computer. If the recycled files id is out of sync, that caused the bin to fail.

Suggest:

Copy some files; then delete them; then reboot and see if the Recycle Bin appears.

ipellant, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Desktop is a black screen with just recycle bin, can't get to recovery, can't do anything

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop is a black screen with just recycle bin, can't get to recovery, can't do anything - Similar Threads - Desktop black screen

2. Black Screen with recycle bin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen with recycle bin.: I just found my old laptop so I decided to order a new battery to try to fix it up. I put it in and it worked fine, but since I wanted to give it to my brother I factory reset my computer. Now, I am stuck on a black screen with the recycling bin in the top right. I have...
  3. Black Screen with recycle bin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen with recycle bin.: I just found my old laptop so I decided to order a new battery to try to fix it up. I put it in and it worked fine, but since I wanted to give it to my brother I factory reset my computer. Now, I am stuck on a black screen with the recycling bin in the top right. I have...
  4. Black Screen with recycle bin.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't get Documents or Recycle Bin. On my Computer ????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get Documents or Recycle Bin. On my Computer ????: Can't find my Documents or put on the Recycle Bin on my Computer. Going round in and getting No WHERE Fast. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-documents-or-recycle-bin-on-my-computer/702d01ad-bf6c-44fc-aefe-66a0bc6ca82d
  6. Can't get Documents or Recycle Bin. On my Computer ????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get Documents or Recycle Bin. On my Computer ????: Can't find my Documents or put on the Recycle Bin on my Computer. Going round in and getting No WHERE Fast. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-documents-or-recycle-bin-on-my-computer/702d01ad-bf6c-44fc-aefe-66a0bc6ca82d
  7. Can't empty Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't empty Recycle Bin: The problem: I can't empty or delete files from my recycle bin. It's been like this for a while now and I neglected the issue for so long that my recycle bin has accumulated a whopping 1,400,000 + files by now....... Opening the bin works, but it takes hours 2 to 3-ish for...
  8. Black screen can't do anything!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen can't do anything!: Hi guys, I'm desperate... My computer all of the sudden started to go into the black screen with the cursor after doing the normal login user/password procedure. This didn't happen after a download of a new version of windows update, I just turned it on one day and it stayed...
  9. recycle bin recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recycle bin recovery: How (if possible) can you recover your videos, photos, ect. from your recycle bin if you already erased or emptied your recycle bin? I also realised after emptying or deleted all my files from the recycle bin that my file history is tured off (for some reason). And i do...
  10. Can't delete item in recycle bin.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete item in recycle bin.: What is this? How to fix? Long green progress bar that never finishes in explorer. [img] 21150