Windows 10: Desktop is black after October updating

Discus and support Desktop is black after October updating in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating in October 2018 my desktop running Windows 10 get black when i sign in. I only can move a mouse pointer around the screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RusLloyd, Oct 7, 2018.

1. RusLloyd Win User

Desktop is black after October updating

After updating in October 2018 my desktop running Windows 10 get black when i sign in. I only can move a mouse pointer around the screen.

:)

RusLloyd, Oct 7, 2018

2. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 7, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop is black after October updating - Similar Threads - Desktop black October

2. Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update: Hello! Over the past few months I've been having a really annoying issue. One day when I logged in to my computer, the Desktop was black and the taskbar was flashing. I was really surprised because the lock screen looked perfectly normal so I thought it was weird. I could...
  3. Black desktop after update to 19042.630

Black desktop after update to 19042.630: Windows 10 x64 build 18363.1198 Just updated to 19042.630 (took me 1h 42 minutes including the reboot) Desktop is black now. Updated the video driver (GTX 970 ) to the latest version. Makes no difference. I believe I tried to update quite a while ago and got this black...
  4. Black desktop screen after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black desktop screen after update: My desktop is now black and not its usual colour. other screens like this one are white as usual https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-desktop-screen-after-update/9e25c997-3f67-47fe-8ef3-1d2e2ff127d6
  5. Black Screen after October 2020 Windows 10 update

Black Screen after October 2020 Windows 10 update: I left my laptop overnight to install the rather large latest windows 10 update. This morning it appeared to be on a permanent frozen black screen. 6 hours later, it remained this way. Without powering down and then being without the update, how can I resolve this issue?...
  6. Black Screen after October Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after October Update: Hello, I started the new Windows 10 Update today when rebooting and it took much time so I left the room. After coming back I saw that its black screen and not the update screen anymore. It didnt even react on any mouse or keyboard interaction. The pc is on for 2 hours...
  7. Black desktop with icons after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black desktop with icons after updating to 2004: When updating from 18363 to 19041 Windows 10 x64 and after reboot the desktop is black. I had this in June. I had this a few days back. Q: is this a known issue? Yes, I read about black screens-issues, but I don't know whether others are facing screens that are entirely...
  8. Desktop gone from Settings (desktop is black) after update

Desktop gone from Settings (desktop is black) after update: I updated my Windows the other day because Sea of Theives had a missing DLL and that was their suggestion. Updating Windows did NOT fix the missing DLL, however it DID break my desktop. The desktop is black, and when I go to the settings to change it there is no option to...
  9. BSOD after October Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after October Update: About 5 days ago I installed the October update manually and after that I get 10 bsod per day. The most common errors are: memery managment, access violation, page fault in nonpaged area and other. Errors indicate that I have a problem with RAM. Taking out one of the slats, I...
  10. no audio after october update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio after october update: after October 10 update I have no audio and no microphone on my hp laptop. what do I do? I see many people have a similar problem and have tried many options to no avail. Do you just wait for another update to fix?? I;m not very computer savvy....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen with recycle bin october update