Windows 10: Desktop is blank and taskbar is still loading

Discus and support Desktop is blank and taskbar is still loading in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows 10 problem is hanging due to background running apps and programmes. They are stopping me when i access to safe mode.The safe mode become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sandeep_kumarDev, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Desktop is blank and taskbar is still loading

My windows 10 problem is hanging due to background running apps and programmes. They are stopping me when i access to safe mode.The safe mode become black and I leave the system for half hour and then half hour later some icons appear in taskbar but desktop was still blank and the taskbar was still loading.

Desktop is blank and taskbar is still loading [​IMG]

:)

Sandeep_kumarDev, Mar 17, 2020
  2. O0mix0O Win User
    O0mix0O, Mar 17, 2020
  3. O0mix0O Win User
    ALL icons missing/blank (desktop, taskbar, explorer)

Hi all,

• - Had the laptop hooked up to the TV last night via HDMI
      - Unplugged, then closed lid - putting it to sleep
      - Turned on today, no icons whatsoever.

- Tried restarting the laptop
      - Tried restarting 'explorer.exe'

Any tips for getting them back? It's annoying the hell out of me!

Thanks in advance!

Also:
    When I open the explorer when uploading or downloading something, the icons are there..

Here's a pic:

O0mix0O, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Desktop is blank and taskbar is still loading

Blank icons in taskbar on Windows 2016

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Confirm the said application you're using so we could fully understand the cause of the issue.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest restarting the Explorer.exe on the Task Manager. This may help resolve the issue with blank icons on the Taskbar. Refer to the steps below:

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select Task Manager.

2. On the Task Manager window, click on More Details at the bottom left if it doesn't shows the
    Processes tab.

3. Scroll down the list of the Windows processes and locate Windows Explorer and right-click on it and select
    Restart.

Note: The desktop icons and the Taskbar will refresh and will be gone for a moment after this process. It should reappear automatically.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Desktop is blank and taskbar is still loading

1. Desktop is blank and taskbar is still loading - Similar Threads - Desktop blank taskbar

2. Windows desktop taskbar and explorer are all blank.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows desktop taskbar and explorer are all blank.: Black screen desktop I use black background The desktop is actually there and I can click on the various hidden icons based on memory. Taskbar blank. Also can click on the pinned items which are invisible. Telegram app also blank but most other applications / games and we...
  3. Windows desktop taskbar and explorer are all blank.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows desktop taskbar and explorer are all blank.: Black screen desktop I use black background The desktop is actually there and I can click on the various hidden icons based on memory. Taskbar blank. Also can click on the pinned items which are invisible. Telegram app also blank but most other applications / games and we...
  4. Windows desktop taskbar and explorer are all blank.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why is the desktop unresponsive but the taskbar still functional?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the desktop unresponsive but the taskbar still functional?: I have a desktop computer using dual monitors. Less than a year old. Intel i5 12400 processor, Windows 11 latest version with all updates current to todays date, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD. All hardware tested OK within the last week. Every few hours, when the system is left...
  6. Why is the desktop unresponsive but the taskbar still functional?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the desktop unresponsive but the taskbar still functional?: I have a desktop computer using dual monitors. Less than a year old. Intel i5 12400 processor, Windows 11 latest version with all updates current to todays date, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD. All hardware tested OK within the last week. Every few hours, when the system is left...
  7. The taskbar is blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The taskbar is blank: The information that's here, didn't helped me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-taskbar-is-blank/2d125ec0-0a4d-4396-af18-51d153cf3ffd
  8. Desktop and taskbar not loading

Desktop and taskbar not loading: When I booted my pc up this morning, I logged in and my desktop would not load my apps, and my taskbar wouldn't either. My taskbar also gives me a spinning cursor whenever I hover over it and I cannot navigate to or open any apps to fix this....
  9. Window10 desktop blank and taskbar is loading and right is working on desk top Please help!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window10 desktop blank and taskbar is loading and right is working on desk top Please help!!!: I got a problem in my pc when I started pc and login it after logged in my pc get stuck and blank at desktop like below pic[IMG] And taskbar is also not working its showing Loading pic is attached below [IMG] And one thing this is that only right click button is work on...
  10. Desktop keeps refreshing and taskbar is not loading

Desktop keeps refreshing and taskbar is not loading: My desktop keeps refreshing after the computer boots up. The icons on the task bar do not appear as well. I have tried a clean boot and starting in safe mode but that does not help. Can someone please assist?...