Windows 10: Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized

Discus and support Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I maximize Windows, I see the bottom scroll bar behind the task bar. I haven’t had this issue before. I’d like to have the desktop not covered by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jennifer Davidson1, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized

When I maximize Windows, I see the bottom scroll bar behind the task bar. I haven’t had this issue before. I’d like to have the desktop not covered by the taskbar

:)

Jennifer Davidson1, Feb 24, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

One Window hides another window When it is maximized and when it is clicked on taskbar it never shows it runs on the back of maximized window and never display untill maximized window is minimized

Hi,

You might be experiencing this problem because the rendering layer priority of the maximized application is respected even when you switch focus to another program. Normally, when you maximize an application, it will hide or cover all other applications
    until you switch to a different program. To help us identify the cause of this behavior, we would like to know the following information:

• Do you only experience this issue with a particular program?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, you might also be experiencing this issue because Windows Explorer (Explorer.exe) is not working correctly or not responding.
    Windows Explorer is the process that provides the graphical interface such as the Start menu, taskbar, notification area, and File Explorer. To sort this issue, we suggest that you restart Windows Explorer. The easiest way is by restarting your computer.
    If you do not want to restart your computer, you can also follow the steps below:

• Hold Ctrl+Shift while right-clicking on an empty area of the taskbar.
    • On the modified context menu, select Exit Explorer. The Start menu and taskbar should disappear.
    • Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
    • Click More details on the bottom part of the window.
    • Click on the File menu, and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe, and click OK.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 24, 2019
  3. mouse cursor disappears on taskbar and on windows control buttons (maximize, close)

After installing Fall Creators update today, the mouse cursor disappears on certain elements.

• disappears on taskbar area (when in that area, also if taskbar is still hidden)
    • disappears on maximized windows controlbuttons (maximize, close)

Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized 0f9dd81a-1ed7-4014-865b-da72d9ed7919.jpg

Reinstalling mousedriver and upgrade to newest Nvidia gpu-driver didnt fix it.

What is the solution?

mousemousemouse1, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized

Search on Taskbar covers up icons

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please be informed that there is no way to shift the icons on the taskbar to right. It is per the system design. As you do not want to use the search icon, perform the below steps as a work around and check if it helps.

• Right click on the empty area on the taskbar, click on
      Properties.

• Click on Taskbar tab, check the box
      Use small taskbar buttons.

• Select Always combine, hide labels from the
      Taskbar buttons: drop down menu.

• Click on Apply button and click on
      OK button.
    This will help you to certain extent as the search bar will not cover the all icons on the taskbar.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized

1. Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized - Similar Threads - Desktop covered taskbar

2. Work computer taskbar seems to cover the Excel tabs when maximized in Windows 11 - how do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work computer taskbar seems to cover the Excel tabs when maximized in Windows 11 - how do I...: Just installed Windows 11, and my taskbar now covers my Excel tabs - how do I fix this? i don't want to autohide my taskbar, and tried to turnoff flashing taskbar..Thanks....
  3. Work computer taskbar seems to cover the Excel tabs when maximized in Windows 11 - how do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Work computer taskbar seems to cover the Excel tabs when maximized in Windows 11 - how do I...: Just installed Windows 11, and my taskbar now covers my Excel tabs - how do I fix this? i don't want to autohide my taskbar, and tried to turnoff flashing taskbar..Thanks....
  4. Taskbar disappears when maximizing applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar disappears when maximizing applications.: The taskbar setting "Autohide" is disabled. However, any time I maximize a window, the taskbar "goes behind" the window and hides. I want the taskbar to be the lower border of my computer screen, but Windows 11 has no current support for that. Anyway, is there any feasible...
  5. Taskbar disappears when maximizing applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar disappears when maximizing applications.: The taskbar setting "Autohide" is disabled. However, any time I maximize a window, the taskbar "goes behind" the window and hides. I want the taskbar to be the lower border of my computer screen, but Windows 11 has no current support for that. Anyway, is there any feasible...
  6. Edge or Chrome Browser covering Taskbar when maximized [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Edge or Chrome Browser covering Taskbar when maximized [Fix]: [ATTACH]Some users have reported quite a strange thing. Their Edge or Chrome browser covers the Taskbar when it is launched on Windows 11 or Windows 10. This happens only when one opens a browser, but the other apps don’t hide the Taskbar. The issue also affects...
  7. maximized windows don't cover the whole screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    maximized windows don't cover the whole screen: [ATTACH] Some days ago I noticed that while looking at the right side of my screen, there is a small portion of my desktop, about 1 or 2 pixels wide, showing, even if the windows are completely maximized, did anybody have a similar problem, or does anyone know how to solve...
  8. Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar

Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar: When maximized on the first monitor, the local computer's taskbar stays on top on the second. This isn't the case if I maximize it on my second monitor. Has anyone else had this issue since the last Windows update? submitted by /u/asdfasdff3wer [link] [comments]...
  9. Show taskbar on desktop/when using small windows but hide when using maximized/fullscreen...

Show taskbar on desktop/when using small windows but hide when using maximized/fullscreen...: Hey guys, I wondered if it is possible to mix the hide and show toolbar options. Basically I want it to show as long as you can see parts of the desktop, or in other words: show taskbar when on desktop or only small windows are opened hide when maximized or full screen...
  10. taskbar and maximizing windows

taskbar and maximizing windows: I'm experiencing an issue where sometimes you will click on the program icon on the taskbar of an open program or folder, yet the program or file explorer won't maximize. If i click the ALT key after I try, the window pops up. It's almost like the file is stuck in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel covers task bar when maximized

2. windows 10 maximized window covers taskbar

3. win10 when i maximize a window the taskbar covers the bottom strip

4. how to resizw window in chrome,
  5. taskbar covered by maximized windows