Windows 10: Desktop is gone

Discus and support Desktop is gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am highly upset after just updating windows 10. My desktop is completely gone and I am unable to minimize anything I open to work on later. I am at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by anc_0831, Aug 5, 2019.

1. anc_0831 Win User

Desktop is gone

I am highly upset after just updating windows 10. My desktop is completely gone and I am unable to minimize anything I open to work on later. I am at the point of wanting to break my computer. I am so frustrated being a college student is not easy when I cannot do these basics. I have a microsoft surface pro 4. Someone please help me before I lose it.

:)

anc_0831, Aug 5, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop is gone

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Desktop is gone

1. Desktop is gone - Similar Threads - Desktop gone

2. Desktop Folder gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Folder gone?: I recently deleted my desktop folder on accident while cleaning things out on one drive. I quickly restored it but most of my files were removed from my desktop. I tried moving the actual desktop folder form the C drive onto one drive but then I realized it didnt fix anything...
  3. Desktop Folder gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Folder gone?: I recently deleted my desktop folder on accident while cleaning things out on one drive. I quickly restored it but most of my files were removed from my desktop. I tried moving the actual desktop folder form the C drive onto one drive but then I realized it didnt fix anything...
  4. ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...: ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE FROM MY LIFE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-is-full-it-deleted-my-desktop-icons-i/434a60bc-551a-4fb0-8202-20e7c4900d85
  5. ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...

ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...: ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE FROM MY LIFE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-is-full-it-deleted-my-desktop-icons-i/434a60bc-551a-4fb0-8202-20e7c4900d85
  6. Daily updated desktop background is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily updated desktop background is gone: After my most recent Windows 11 update a few days ago, my daily updated desktop background disappeared and was replaced with a black screen. If I go to display settings, there are options to change the screen with a solid color or fixed image, but not with a daily updated...
  7. Daily updated desktop background is gone

Daily updated desktop background is gone: After my most recent Windows 11 update a few days ago, my daily updated desktop background disappeared and was replaced with a black screen. If I go to display settings, there are options to change the screen with a solid color or fixed image, but not with a daily updated...
  8. I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder and everything is gone. How do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder and everything is gone. How do I get it back?: I was trying to make some space on my pc and saw that i had a lot of things on my onedrive, but when i deleted some folders in the onedrive, my desktop folders also with the same name ended up getting deleted. And when i try to login to the onedrive through the web, I can't...
  9. I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder and everything is gone. How do I get it back?

I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder and everything is gone. How do I get it back?: I was trying to make some space on my pc and saw that i had a lot of things on my onedrive, but when i deleted some folders in the onedrive, my desktop folders also with the same name ended up getting deleted. And when i try to login to the onedrive through the web, I can't...
  10. I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder and everything is gone. How do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop view gone

2. where is my desktop view gone

3. desktop view disappeared

4. all my passwords are gone since my desktop went to task view