Windows 10: desktop is hidden, can't recall it

Discus and support desktop is hidden, can't recall it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Don''t know what I clicked but my normal desktop is not visible. It has been replaced by the icons for my start menu, which no longer appear when I hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PattiLevine Brown, Jun 23, 2019.

1. desktop is hidden, can't recall it

Don''t know what I clicked but my normal desktop is not visible. It has been replaced by the icons for my start menu, which no longer appear when I hit the start button. I can switch from that to a view of all my apps, but that is all. The options for switching are shown where the start menu used to be. Have explored all the settings for desktop and start and see nothing that will fix. Reboot does nothing.

:)

PattiLevine Brown, Jun 23, 2019

2. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 23, 2019
  3. WojtasRed Win User
    Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

desktop is hidden, can't recall it

Mail List Hidden

desktop is hidden, can't recall it [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

desktop is hidden, can't recall it

1. desktop is hidden, can't recall it - Similar Threads - desktop hidden can't

2. how to arrange hidden icons on desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to arrange hidden icons on desktop.: Hello humans of r/Windows10 looking for some help on a project that I haven't been able to figure out. I've gotten a VBS File from my friend to show/hide hidden items. So. Ive hidden my shortcuts to exes and put the VBS On my desktop so when i launch it, it shows and hides my...
  3. Can't hide hidden files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't hide hidden files.: Whenever I do a document/file search on my computer it always shows a bunch of files that should be hidden and I can't seem to hide them. I have tried going into the folder options and making sure that show hidden files are off but it still makes no difference. Does anyone...
  4. A recall on WIndows Product updates ??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A recall on WIndows Product updates ??: What's the problems that's arising all of a sudden with everyones bluetooth vanishing off their systems ?? Any solutions ? Solutions aside from troubleshooters, driver downloads, repair software and blah blah blah ?? I have spent hours going through this internet and no...
  5. System admin password recall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System admin password recall: we got a new laptop for our education coordinator; I setup a system admin password but forgot to write it down and cant recall it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-admin-password-recall/27a18625-9800-40fe-8f85-c27716b684ea"
  6. can't find hidden folders

can't find hidden folders: hi, I recently rest my pc with the 'keep all your files and reset only settings' feature, but I noticed that my hidden folders aren't available anymore. I don't know what to do. is there a way to recover my folders? what should I do?...
  7. Desktop is hidden (Help)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop is hidden (Help): Our cat stepped on the keyboard something from F5 to delete button randomly. The icons were either hidden or deleted or something else and when I try to hold and drag LMB to select multiple apps, the blue square doesn't show up. How do I restore everything back to normal?...
  8. Hidden Files Can't be changed to "View Hidden Files"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden Files Can't be changed to "View Hidden Files": Hello I have Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.523) I noticed that my hidden files could not be viewed, and after exhausting multiple options I just created a new User Profile. Now this new User profile has the issue, and I do not want to keep on creating new...
  9. Recalling an email

Recalling an email: I need to recall an email sent via comcast.net. can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/recalling-an-email/94dea406-ec36-4850-b7fc-d277d5c0a069
  10. Can't toggle Hidden Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't toggle Hidden Files: Hi, Since yesterday I've been unable to toggle hidden files from the View tab of the ribbons. It's unchecked and when I click on it the check mark appears for a second and disappear again. Only change I've done recently is installed an antivirus (Bitdefender 2016), could...