Windows 10: Desktop is hidden (Help)

Discus and support Desktop is hidden (Help) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Our cat stepped on the keyboard something from F5 to delete button randomly. The icons were either hidden or deleted or something else and when I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JulianWilliams1, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Desktop is hidden (Help)

Our cat stepped on the keyboard something from F5 to delete button randomly. The icons were either hidden or deleted or something else and when I try to hold and drag LMB to select multiple apps, the blue square doesn't show up. How do I restore everything back to normal?

:)

JulianWilliams1, Apr 9, 2019

2. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 9, 2019
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Desktop is hidden (Help)

Icons on the desktop

Hi,

There are several reasons for your desktop icons not to stay put such as changes in registry, system cache, or an enabled
    Auto arrange icon setting. To rectify your issue with keeping your icons arranged, we suggest that you right-click on any blank space on your desktop, click
    View, then make sure that the check mark for Auto arrange icon is removed.

If the issue persist even after performing the steps above, you can rebuild your icon cache. This method solves most issues with incorrectly displayed icons. Here are the steps to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the
      Run box.
    • Type %userprofile%, then hit Enter.
    • Go to the AppData folder, then open the Local
      folder.
    • Select the IconCache file, then click Delete.

If you're having challenges finding the IconCache file, you have to make sure that your hidden items are visible. Below are the steps:

• Type hidden in Cortana, the Windows search bar or your task bar.
    • Select Show hidden files and folders from the result.
    • Go to View tab.
    • Enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Hit Apply, then click OK.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Desktop is hidden (Help)

1. Desktop is hidden (Help) - Similar Threads - Desktop hidden Help

2. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop: Hi all,My wife cleaned up my keyboard in the afternoon and then all the files on the desktop are not visible anymore, but they are visible in File Explorer > desktop. So I'm wondering if there are any shortcuts or settings that are causing this. Here are the steps I've...
  3. Desktop Icons hidden in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons hidden in Windows 11: On my previous device which was Windows 10, I freed up space by putting everything possible into "Online Only" in OneDrive. I wasn't very careful with keeping track exactly which folders were included, and a side effect was that a lot of the desktop icons disappeared.I didn't...
  4. Desktop Icons hidden in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons hidden in Windows 11: On my previous device which was Windows 10, I freed up space by putting everything possible into "Online Only" in OneDrive. I wasn't very careful with keeping track exactly which folders were included, and a side effect was that a lot of the desktop icons disappeared.I didn't...
  5. how to arrange hidden icons on desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to arrange hidden icons on desktop.: Hello humans of r/Windows10 looking for some help on a project that I haven't been able to figure out. I've gotten a VBS File from my friend to show/hide hidden items. So. Ive hidden my shortcuts to exes and put the VBS On my desktop so when i launch it, it shows and hides my...
  6. hidden icons on desktop now showing!?

hidden icons on desktop now showing!?: Hey - i want to hide the desktop icons for some of my programmes/apps. however, since a recent update they show but slightly greyed out! anyway i can remove it from my desktop without deleting the app? submitted by /u/personanonymous [link] [comments]...
  7. Useful hidden feature - Show Desktop

Useful hidden feature - Show Desktop: Older versions of Windows had an icon on the taskbar called 'Show Desktop' which when clicked, minimized all open windows revealing just the desktop, it was a really useful feature. It is still is though, but it's been hidden away and perhaps forgotten about by many users....
  8. desktop is hidden, can't recall it

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop is hidden, can't recall it: Don''t know what I clicked but my normal desktop is not visible. It has been replaced by the icons for my start menu, which no longer appear when I hit the start button. I can switch from that to a view of all my apps, but that is all. The options for switching are shown...
  9. Application called desktop(a hidden file) on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application called desktop(a hidden file) on my desktop: [ATTACH] Hello guys, Whenever I switch on my pc, there is a hidden application called desktop (two of them) on my Desktop looking like a white page with a gear symbol on on the bottom left. Is this a problem or is it supposed to be like that? I haven't touched them yet,...
  10. Hidden Files and Folders Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden Files and Folders Help: Hi there. I have multiple hidden files on my computer. I am planning on downloading Windows 10 sometime soon. But I was wondering if I did, would I have to re-hide my currently hidden files and folders? (By the way I am currently running Windows 8.1) Any help would be...