Windows 10: Desktop is larger than monitor and is blurry

Discus and support Desktop is larger than monitor and is blurry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I changed my screen resolution to higher than recommended then when I went back the desktop was too large for the monitor. The taskbar is cutoff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JumboJungle, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Desktop is larger than monitor and is blurry

I changed my screen resolution to higher than recommended then when I went back the desktop was too large for the monitor. The taskbar is cutoff halfway and I can barely see the close window button at the top of the screen as well as it is of lower quality and to get everything to fit I have to dramatically reduce the resolution even though it was working perfectly before I changed it. I have tried unplugging then plugging back in the HDMI cable and restarting my PC but nothing is working.

:)

JumboJungle, Jan 16, 2021

2. External monitor is blurry

Hi,

The blurry display when using an external display may indicate a scaling issue. If the display of the internal monitor is not compatible with the external monitor, it may render a poor or fuzzy display. As an initial step, we suggest that you try the methods
    under the Workaround section provided on this
    support article

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Zaspera Win User
    Monitor is a bit blurry

I just built a new gaming rig and am using an XFX 6950 and an ASUS 23.6" monitor. On some pages, I notice some fonts are a bit blurry and strain my eyes. Any idea how I can fix this? I am using windows 7, so please make the steps work for that. Thanks.

Zaspera, Jan 16, 2021
  4. OG-IT Win User

Desktop is larger than monitor and is blurry

Blurry monitors

Hello Sheldon,

I'd follow what Greg posted, in addition to some of the other suggestions listed here. All are some great ideas and steps to take. In addition you can callibrate your display

1. Use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
    2. Click Display.
    3. Click the Advanced display settings link.
    4. Make sure you're using the Recommended screen resolution for your display, and click the Color calibration link to launch the utility.
    5. click here for more details: Calibrating your computer's monitor on Windows 10

OG-IT, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Desktop is larger than monitor and is blurry

1. Desktop is larger than monitor and is blurry - Similar Threads - Desktop larger monitor

2. Desktop background image "fit" option if larger than screen, "center" otherwise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop background image "fit" option if larger than screen, "center" otherwise: I have a folder of images that rotate as my desktop background. I use the "center" option under "choose a fit" in background settings because some of the images are smaller, and I don't want them blown up to low resolution to fill the screen. The issue is that a few of the...
  3. Desktop background image "fit" option if larger than screen, "center" otherwise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background image "fit" option if larger than screen, "center" otherwise: I have a folder of images that rotate as my desktop background. I use the "center" option under "choose a fit" in background settings because some of the images are smaller, and I don't want them blown up to low resolution to fill the screen. The issue is that a few of the...
  4. Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10: You may want to use a monitor with your Windows 10 laptop or desktop in order to increase your productivity. However, some Windows users are experiencing an issue, where their display is larger or smaller than the monitor size. In this article, we are going to see some simple...
  5. Connecting to a larger monitor

Connecting to a larger monitor: I have figured out how to connect my laptop to a large TV screen and I can get my homepage on the TV but I cannot change that screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-a-larger-monitor/f4c3d226-98da-4c45-8e5c-3c2bf3988efa
  6. display is larger than my monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display is larger than my monitor: I'm having a problem where my display is larger than my monitor.. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-is-larger-than-my-monitor/70f54546-51c2-4328-b9cf-3d6c2b702d92
  7. Blurry monitors

Blurry monitors: Hello, Everytime I connect my 1920x1080 monitor to my pc I always get a blurry display plus the colors are washed out and look fake, when I look at my monitor in that state it doesn't feel like it's a full HD monitor...the details are unclear and not sharp at all...it is...
  8. Secondary Monitor Blurry

Secondary Monitor Blurry: Any secondary monitor connected to this new laptop is blurry. I have tried several work-arounds (scaling adjustments) but nothing has improved the second monitor. even i followed the below link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091364/windows-10-fix-blurry-apps....
  9. picture larger than screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    picture larger than screen: picture is larger than screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/picture-larger-than-screen/7369f263-396f-4c03-8d1f-4a1b0b2c6f13
  10. Blurry on Monitor 2

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blurry on Monitor 2: Hi, This is a clean Windows 10 installation. OS: W10 Home GPU driver: AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series Monitor 2: Dell ST2410 This happens approx after 30 min. W10 has been installed. Before, opening FF would be crystal clear, or any other application, for...