Windows 10: Desktop is missing

Discus and support Desktop is missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Desktop is not visible or accessible from any Explorer window. 117756 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robdam1001, Sep 12, 2018.

1. robdam1001 Win User

Desktop is missing

Desktop is not visible or accessible from any Explorer window.

:)

robdam1001, Sep 12, 2018
  2. ThofikhAhamad Win User

Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 12, 2018
  3. smartali89 Win User
    Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Jesrael Bor Win User

Desktop is missing

Missing desktop icons

Hi,

In order for us to address your concern about the missing desktop icons, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current version and build of your Windows 10? To get these information follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear which will show these information.

(You may need to update your Windows computer, please refer to this
    support link
    to get information about Windows update history as well as how to update your device.)

• Aside from doing the commands above, what are other troubleshooting steps have you taken for your missing desktop icons issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Desktop is missing

1. Desktop is missing - Similar Threads - Desktop missing

2. Everything on my Desktop EXCEPT Folders are missing! All pics, files, etc are gone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everything on my Desktop EXCEPT Folders are missing! All pics, files, etc are gone.: I am running Windows 10. This is now the second time this has happened. I have tried every thing I can think of, as well as all solutions I have found online. I have made sure files and folders are not hidden, done auto-arrange, refreshed, restarted, as well as several...
  3. Desktop Missing

Desktop Missing: Hi, My laptop has the start menu across the whole screen and my desktop is missing, any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-missing/dca4a203-0e99-4351-8bd7-9d9a74fea79b
  4. Computer has missing icons on desktop and unresponsive/loading taskbar...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer has missing icons on desktop and unresponsive/loading taskbar...: Hey! I'm not too sure if this problem occurred after hitting "Update and Shut Down," or if there is some other factor that caused this. When I turn on my computer, it takes me straight to the desktop, but all of my icons and programs are missing... and when I hover my mouse...
  5. Missing Desktop

Missing Desktop: Following a power cut I cannot get my desktop back The message shown comes up [ATTACH] and I get a black screen with a non-responsive start button. I have limited navigability through hidden icons via "open devices and printers" Any ideas?...
  6. After Windows 10 update, sound is missing from one user's desktop.

After Windows 10 update, sound is missing from one user's desktop.: After a recent update to Windows 10, the sound on one of our desktops has stopped working. The sound still works in other user's desktops (signing in with their own account), but it does not work on one specific user's account. (The one not working is the account that was...
  7. All the files from desktop are missing after recent upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All the files from desktop are missing after recent upgrade: My computer just upgraded on 10/9/2018 to the latest version of Windows 10 and now all the files, folders and shortcuts on my desktop are missing....
  8. My Desktop Icon Labels are missing after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Desktop Icon Labels are missing after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update,...: I notice, the text below icons are missing after upgrading to Windows 10 1809. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/my-desktop-icon-labels-are-missing-after-upgrading/f0c806a9-488e-4fad-b938-45c96ae59ce6
  9. Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10

Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10: All my icons have been unpinned from the bottom of the desktop screen. Cannot get them back. any suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/desktop-taskbar-icons-gone-missing-on-windows-10/02ea6899-2cca-402d-8a41-26462b79556d
  10. Windows 10 Dual display Desktop icons missing

Windows 10 Dual display Desktop icons missing: Have W10 installed on a Dell OptiPlex 5050 (Core i5-6500, 8GB memory and a Intel Graphics chip (Intel HD Graphics 510 / 530 / 630 Driver)) with dual Dell P2201 monitors, both displays are working in extended mode and both using display ports (computer to monitor & display...