Windows 10: Desktop is missing

Discus and support Desktop is missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Desktop is not visible or accessible from any Explorer window. 117756 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robdam1001, Sep 12, 2018.

1. robdam1001 Win User

Desktop is missing

Desktop is not visible or accessible from any Explorer window.

:)

robdam1001, Sep 12, 2018
  2. ThofikhAhamad Win User

Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 12, 2018
  3. smartali89 Win User
    Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Jesrael Bor Win User

Desktop is missing

Missing desktop icons

Hi,

In order for us to address your concern about the missing desktop icons, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current version and build of your Windows 10? To get these information follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear which will show these information.

(You may need to update your Windows computer, please refer to this
    support link
    to get information about Windows update history as well as how to update your device.)

• Aside from doing the commands above, what are other troubleshooting steps have you taken for your missing desktop icons issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Desktop is missing

1. Desktop is missing - Similar Threads - Desktop missing

2. Desktop Screen Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Screen Missing: I do not know how it occurred, but my desktop screen is not showing and I have the start menu down the left hand side of my screen. I prefer to have my Desktop and Desktop icons as the main home screen. The Desktop screen and Icons will come up monetarily when I close out...
  3. My Defender desktop icon is missing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Defender desktop icon is missing.: My desktop icon for Defender has disappeared...how can I make it display again? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/my-defender-desktop-icon-is-missing/6b78c556-ae52-4423-b5df-06f2f9e14f3d
  4. Missing desktop screen Windows 10 SOLVED

Missing desktop screen Windows 10 SOLVED: I have a Windows 10 Lenovo laptop which can be used as a tablet. I always use it as a laptop, never as a tablet. I booted it up as usual and, no desktop screen. Gone. Missing. All I saw was the Start Screen. Where was my beloved desktop screen? Where was my taskbar icons?...
  5. Desktop Icons missing

Desktop Icons missing: After booting, the desktop icons do not appear. Also, when starting a program from task bar or start menu, the program or window does not open. After 2-3 reboots, the problem seems to fix itself ?? Comments welcome !...
  6. Desktop files missing.... But they're not?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop files missing.... But they're not?: [IMG] I press OK, and then attempt to sign up in the same account, again - this time the error doesn't appear again, oddly, but it's replaced by this - https://youtu.be/xlT4YkhfUjs No desktop icons except the Recycle Bin, the fonts are odd and the mouse cursor is that of...
  7. desktop icons missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop icons missing: after update on July 10 about 80% of my sesktop icons are missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/desktop-icons-missing/7bd06860-79be-4525-9499-ea4fbfcd1e28
  8. Windows 10 & Missing Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 & Missing Desktop Icons: - Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit I was repairing, uninstalling, and installing an app yesterday. In the process, I somehow managed to delete many, but not all, of my desktop icons. My guess is that I lost about 60 to 75 percent of my prior desktop icons. My desktop icons are just...
  9. Missing Items On My Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Items On My Desktop: When I save something to my desktop it doesn't appear there, but it does appear in C:\Users\\desktop. How can I sort this out so that items I save to my desktop actually appear there? 101647
  10. Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing?: My desktop files and folders all are missing? One of my desktop folders are MP3 files are missing and it is only one copy. Magically one of folder MP3 songs are able to be played in my music box in the playing list. It is only one copy. I have turned on OneDrive to...