Windows 10: Desktop is missing

Discus and support Desktop is missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Desktop is not visible or accessible from any Explorer window. 117756 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robdam1001, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Desktop is missing

Desktop is not visible or accessible from any Explorer window.

:)

robdam1001, Sep 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Desktop is missing

Missing desktop icons

Hi,

In order for us to address your concern about the missing desktop icons, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current version and build of your Windows 10? To get these information follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear which will show these information.

(You may need to update your Windows computer, please refer to this
    support link
    to get information about Windows update history as well as how to update your device.)

• Aside from doing the commands above, what are other troubleshooting steps have you taken for your missing desktop icons issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Desktop is missing

1. Desktop is missing - Similar Threads - Desktop missing

2. "Desktop is missing"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Desktop is missing": I'm recycling my old laptop to give to a friend. But I've stumbled across an issue. When I reset it, it was frozen at 44% for a few hours before a message popped up which I can't recall. Then it redirected me to the regular sign-in screen for Windows. I signed in, and then I...
  3. The Money icon is missing from my desktop. How do I replace it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Money icon is missing from my desktop. How do I replace it?: I have no Money icon on my recently installed Window's 10 How can I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-money-icon-is-missing-from-my-desktop-how-do-i/dc7dca7e-e6c2-4482-a448-20e91359bef2
  4. Desktop icons missing, Only text showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons missing, Only text showing: I have Three user accounts in my PC and this issue affects two of them My Desktop icons have disappeared and i can only see the Names of each shortcut which i am able to click to open as usual. In Windows Explorer My Navigation Pane is empty and my Libraries icons are...
  5. Start menu desktop icon missing when typing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu desktop icon missing when typing: So after resetting my Windows 10 last night with the option of "Removing Apps and Keeping all Personal Files". I noticed after reinstalling my apps, when I type in the name of the app in the search bar "manually", the icon is missing. See screenshot below. This also goes for...
  6. Start menu desktop icon missing when typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu desktop icon missing when typing: So after resetting my Windows 10 last night with the option of "Removing Apps and Keeping all Personal Files". I noticed after reinstalling my apps, when I type in the name of the app in the search bar "manually", the icon is missing. See screenshot below.The icon is there...
  7. Screen brightness is on all my laptops but missing on all my desktops

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen brightness is on all my laptops but missing on all my desktops: Like the title reads. The screen brightness slider under Home/System/Display is missing on all my desktops, yet is there on all my laptops. Is there a slider for the desktop and, if so, where is it? Thanks, Jeff 128308
  8. problem regarding missing apps from desktop screen

problem regarding missing apps from desktop screen: I , a user of hp windows . recently,i came up with a difficulty of missing my apps suddenly from desktop screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-regarding-missing-apps-from-desktop-screen/0e2e6504-6467-4207-9094-8ae0f8f8946f
  9. How do I recover missing shortcuts on my desktop?

How do I recover missing shortcuts on my desktop?: How do I recover missing shortcuts on my desktop? I am using Windows 10. * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: shortcut on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-missing-shortcuts-on-my-desktop/f2c17288-86b7-4f84-93ee-4e1790557c68
  10. All References to Desktop are missing from new profile in Windows 10

All References to Desktop are missing from new profile in Windows 10: I just setup a new user and all references to Desktop are missing. The Desktop appears as expected with shortcuts and files etc but in File Explorer Desktop doesn't appear. The properties for files saved on the Desktop show that they are saved in C:\Users\Username\Desktop but...