Windows 10: Desktop is missing

Discus and support Desktop is missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Desktop is not visible or accessible from any Explorer window. 117756 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robdam1001, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Desktop is missing

Desktop is not visible or accessible from any Explorer window.

:)

robdam1001, Sep 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Desktop is missing

Missing desktop icons

Hi,

In order for us to address your concern about the missing desktop icons, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current version and build of your Windows 10? To get these information follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear which will show these information.

(You may need to update your Windows computer, please refer to this
    support link
    to get information about Windows update history as well as how to update your device.)

• Aside from doing the commands above, what are other troubleshooting steps have you taken for your missing desktop icons issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Desktop is missing

1. Desktop is missing - Similar Threads - Desktop missing

2. All References to Desktop are missing from new profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    All References to Desktop are missing from new profile in Windows 10: I just setup a new user and all references to Desktop are missing. The Desktop appears as expected with shortcuts and files etc but in File Explorer Desktop doesn't appear. The properties for files saved on the Desktop show that they are saved in C:\Users\Username\Desktop but...
  3. My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update?

My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update?: My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-missing-after-windows-10-update/a8ed20dd-dd0b-4942-9801-dcec8aaff1a1
  4. After Windows 10 update that took 16+hours desktop and other files are missing

After Windows 10 update that took 16+hours desktop and other files are missing: Yesterday, Windows 10 automatically installed an update which took over 16 hours. Today, When I login after booting I get the message that "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. I have successfully started taskmgr and I can bringup a DOS...
  5. I deleted my video folder on desktop, now allof my videos missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted my video folder on desktop, now allof my videos missing: [ATTACH] I delete this annoying folder on my desktop, I thought its just a shortcut video and now all my videos are gone. but I cant find anything on recycle bin. thanks...
  6. I have Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard & Mice. I miss place my Numeric Keypad....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard & Mice. I miss place my Numeric Keypad....: I have Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard & Mice. I miss place my Numeric Keypad. Can I buy the Numeric Keypad alone? * * Original title: keyboard * * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  7. Missing Desktop file Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Desktop file Windows 10: I believe that my laptop recently performed a routine Windows 10 upgrade and afterwards I the desktop screen is at a bare minimum and almost all functions and key presses seem to be disabled. . The message I get is that there is a file missing:...
  8. Everything on my Desktop EXCEPT Folders are missing! All pics, files, etc are gone.

Everything on my Desktop EXCEPT Folders are missing! All pics, files, etc are gone.: I am running Windows 10. This is now the second time this has happened. I have tried every thing I can think of, as well as all solutions I have found online. I have made sure files and folders are not hidden, done auto-arrange, refreshed, restarted, as well as several...
  9. Desktop Missing

Desktop Missing: Hi, My laptop has the start menu across the whole screen and my desktop is missing, any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-missing/dca4a203-0e99-4351-8bd7-9d9a74fea79b
  10. Computer has missing icons on desktop and unresponsive/loading taskbar...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer has missing icons on desktop and unresponsive/loading taskbar...: Hey! I'm not too sure if this problem occurred after hitting "Update and Shut Down," or if there is some other factor that caused this. When I turn on my computer, it takes me straight to the desktop, but all of my icons and programs are missing... and when I hover my mouse...